In need of friends & support

I am new to MFP and looking to meet new friends and support. I have 50+ lbs to lose but mostly I just want to be healthy over all. I am actually excited about this journey before me! Feel free to add me.:happy:

Replies

• heish7146
    heish7146 Posts: 30 Member
    I just made a similar post. I need to lose about 75 pounds to reach my goal.
  • shuga_shay
    shuga_shay Posts: 29 Member
    Ideally that is what I should be aiming for but, I want to reach one goal at a time. I see a lot of people developed a system of rewarding themselves when they reach their goals, but I am still trying to figure out what I would like during this process.
  • mynonme
    mynonme Posts: 2
    Hey Lady! I am starting with 40 lbs, but eventually I will lose a total of 70!
    I have changed my eating habits and I am working out 3-4 times a week!
    What are you doing to get in shape?
    Mynon
  • mynonme
    mynonme Posts: 2
    Hey Lady!
    I need to lose 70 so I am in the same place you are.
    I have changed my eating habits and I workout 3-4 times a week.
    What are you doing to meet your goals?
    Mynon
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    With all the diet plan and workout available I'm a firm believer that we all have to find what would work for us. It took me a while to figure it out myself now I can truly stick to it and reward myself. It's a very empowering experience. Good luck to your journey of loosing weight and staying healthy! *hugs*
  • Hi there! I am new too, I've been lurking for a while but finally decided to get on the wagon once and for all, I've been losing weight for the last two years but the last 23 pounds seems impossible to shift, but I am determined! You can all add me as a friend, I don't have any friends yet :) . My diary and profile should be open to friends but I'm still trying to get the hang of the site, so let me know if it isn't.

Good luck to us! :)
  • Hi, I have 90 pounds to lose. I do not want to be thin just healthy. lets do this together.:smile:
  • shuga_shay
    shuga_shay Posts: 29 Member
    Wow, I am happy for all of the positive responses. I have been doing anything and everything. On days when my schedule is too hectic to make it to the gym, I have DVDs and workout equipment at home. I have not changed my eating habits, as I have always been a fan of water, and tons of fruits, veggies, chicken and fish. I have become more focused on my portion sizes and remaining active even when I do not feel like moving. I feel like MFP is going to be the thing that works for me. Most of friends want to lose weight but they all want to do quick fixes and pills, I am not scared of a little hard work and dedication, after all it is my health at the end of the day and its a lifestyle.
  • Wow! It sounds like you're doing great already! We can all do this!
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    jenniferlthomas0305 Posts: 76 Member
    Everyone that would like to can add me! I'm always here and I've lost 30lbs & 25 inches in the last 55 days. I'd love to be able to help motivate anyone and everyone that needs it!