Help Will Power in need of Pep Talk

Options
Needing some motivation...I'm looking to lose 35lbs I was well on my way, but fell off track now trying to get back on!!

Replies

• tbspoon09
    Options
    You can do it!!! Don't lose your focus, think about and visualize what you want the end results to be. That always helps me. I want to have more energy, not get out of breath so easily, and just want to overall feel better! When I think of what I want out of all the hard work then it helps the moments of temptation not seem so tempting. Keep sight of your goals and take small steps at a time. Hope this helps:)
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    jenniferlthomas0305 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Accountability is HUGE in staying on track! Write out your goals and keep them in plain sight. Remember that every decision you make can either make or break those goals. That should help you to rethink those decisions that might not be in the best interest of meeting your goals! I'm always here too! It always helps to have others to help keep you motivated! Last but certainly not least, just think about how healthy and energized you'll feel when you DO meet your goals!! That always keeps me going! :)

P.S. Don't beat yourself up over getting off track! It happens to the best of us. The amazing thing is that you have realized it and are doing something to get back on it!!
  • freyamaclachlan
    Options
    When Im in need of motivation after going of track I just repeat this to myself.
    Chill. Lets be realistic here, you're not going to drop two jean sizes in one day, you're not going to lose 50 pounds in one month. You're going to binge every now and then. You will go a day or two without working out. Your weight is going to fluctuate here and there. You're going to try new techniques and they are not going to work, you're going to fail sometimes Just remember you're only human. Nothing is ever accomplished without a few obstacles. Just remember YOU GOT THIS <3
  • BChamp1226
    Options
    From what I've seen, consistency and motivation are huge. I think you're on the right track!
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great dayand feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • ubie33
    ubie33 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks, helps alot!
  • ubie33
    Options
    Great advice!! Thank You!
  • jeremypollard
    Options
    A few things I have noticed for motivation.

Are you eating right and getting enough sleep? I find that without eating right or sleeping enough it is very difficult to motivate myself to work out. Motivation requires energy.

Willpower is stronger earlier in the day. If you wait until after work you may find your willpower is gone. Work drains it and you might have better luck if you work out before you go to work.

Challenges - I just joined the "August Challenge" Facebook group. It is nothing more than a small group of people posting weight loss goals for the month of August and stating the rewards for achieving the goal. Our first weight check is this Saturday and I am finding that the pressure from having to publicly post how far I am along my way to my goal is proving to be great motivation.

Here is the group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/446596285362327/
  • ubie33
    Options
    thanks for the insight really helps, and I'll check out that link.
  • skinuppinup
    skinuppinup Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    good, sound advice!
  • mishimouse101
    mishimouse101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How about planning some rewards for your progress like a manicure or massage for every five or ten pounds lost? A shopping trip for some new jeans at goal weight. Go sell any clothes that are too big that are not worth taking in and make sure you feel good about walking out of the house everyday by wearing something you feel good in.

Best wishes!
  • ileana1977
    ileana1977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well think about this...you're already beautiful, so how quickly you lose weight is not the focus. Getting healthy is important. It's not going to happen overnight, but realizing that you've gone off track is key. Then you just start over. Each day is a new opportunity to get it right, and then just take it one day at a time. I know...I know...a bit cliche but still true. Don't give up. I've done that in the past after going off track, and have gained everything I lost plus more. This time around I don't deny myself anything. If I want a cookie I have it, but track it and work it off. Or if I know I'm going out and my ooptions won't be that great, I plan my day accordingly and workout to fit my needs for the day. You can do it. Just keep trying! :smile: