Running NSV

Options
tosmoothash
tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
#TBT I never thought the day I would see myself running in the gym on the treadmill!!! Even though I only did 4 minutes (1 minute every 6mins walking) I still did it!!! I think I may be falling in love w/ running!!

If you would have said to me a year ago to run for 30 seconds :noway: I think I would have looked at you like you were crazy. My mom (which just also happens to be my workout partner at the gym) says to me why are you running maybe you should build your self up to walking that fast before you run.:huh: I told her if I'm going to do it....I'm going to do it. It's all or nothing. I got to start somewhere. Just wanted to share my small accomplishment for the day. :bigsmile: :smile:

Replies

• muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I will look for more running NSV's from you.
  • 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! My favourite thing about running is there is always improvement.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Be very proud of yourself, running is addictive. but a good addiction
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    This is VERY inspirational to me. I've ALWAYS wanted to run--not sure what triggers that desire, but it has been a long time desire. I think I will try--gotta start somewhere. Keep up the good work!
  • Sabdavis
    Sabdavis Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! I couldn't run 1/4 of a mile when I started and I'm regularly running 3-4 miles daily now! I'm 40 and have NEVER been a runner (unless someone was chasing me). You can build up to it and you're doing it the right way. Go you!!!!

9753027.png
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    That's awesome!!! :) You can definitely do it! Keep building up like you are now. Keep up the good work!
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!
    I hated running before, and I just found my love for running too!
  • wingshooter2004
    Options
    Congrats!! Running is addictive. You will hate it for a while and then one day you will come to love it.
  • momma0609
    Options
    WTG!! I've always admired runners and I've now been one myself for over a year. Keep it up!!
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    #TBT I never thought the day I would see myself running in the gym on the treadmill!!! Even though I only did 4 minutes (1 minute every 6mins walking) I still did it!!! I think I may be falling in love w/ running!!

Interval training is the way to go! I did couch to 5K and was running 3 miles in a couple months! And onto my first half marathon less than a year later! It's hard work, and you have to stick with it, but if your goal is running, you can definitely do it by gradually increasing your running! :-)
  • HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

If you would have said to me a year ago to run for 30 seconds :noway: I think I would have looked at you like you were crazy. My mom (which just also happens to be my workout partner at the gym) says to me why are you running maybe you should build your self up to walking that fast before you run.:huh: I told her if I'm going to do it....I'm going to do it. It's all or nothing. I got to start somewhere. Just wanted to share my small accomplishment for the day. :bigsmile: :smile:

Congrats!!! That is exactly how I started :). I love running now, it is so addicting! It is the only cardio machine in the gym that makes me sweat like a man, and while that is not the most attractive thing for a female haha, it is the best feeling in the world. Not to mention, I went from 270 to 189 pounds because of running! You should plan a 5k in the near future, even if to just walk it...they are awesome :).
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You should check out the C25K app if you have a smartphone. I love it, and it's free.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!