Apparently, i'm a Fruit snob..

Options

Replies

• ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I guess I am a snob too - tha'ts okay :)

Fruit snobs- unite! :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    canned fruit tastes good, but fresh is better by far
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I love fresh fruit. I do eat the stuff that comes out of a can but it's only mandarin oranges and pineapple. Its great to have it in the cupboard for a quick and easy fix but I would always eat fresh first.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a fruit snob too.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    The only canned fruit I can stomach is canned pineapple in 100% juice.. and that only if i rinse the pineapple in water after opening the can... and I will only buy it if fresh pineapple cannot be found.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Fruit snob O.o That's cute in a way.

I only had canned fruit once and it was canned pineapple. I don't use frozen fruits mostly because I never grew such a habit. Seasonal fruits for me all the way. I don't need to eat strawberries in winter. Same goes for vegetables.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Um, I'm a bit perplexed that this makes you a fruit snob! Canned fruit has its place, but surely fresh is more desirable for its loveliness!
    That said, I do like tinned lychees occasionally. fruit cocktail from a tin is disgusting though, those cherries, uch, make me shudder.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Fruit snobs- unite! :)

Fruit Snob here! Canned fruit is gross.
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten canned fruit, what's the point in that.
    Fresh fruit is readily available in most places, i would never have given canned fruit any consideration
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I have never eaten canned fruit, what's the point in that.
    Fresh fruit is readily available in most places, i would never have given canned fruit any consideration

But you don't mind tinned fish!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My grandma LOVES fruit salad. If that isn't sweet or sickly enough, she mixes in cool whip and marshmallows. Not even sure that she counts it as a desert since its 'fruit'. If that counts as fruit than I count as a zebra. She's diabetic and overweight too. Wonder why?
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was told I was on a snob diet, because I cook pretty much all my meals at home. Only snobs cooks meals at home, "regular" people go out to eat for the majority of their meals. Sometimes people really amaze me.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I was told I was on a snob diet, because I cook pretty much all my meals at home. Only snobs cooks meals at home, "regular" people go out to eat for the majority of their meals. Sometimes people really amaze me.

0_o I would have told them it's HEALTHIER to cook your own food b/c you NEVER REALLY KNOW what they are putting in your food at restraunts ANDDDD not everyone can afford 20 dollar meals every day of the week. I know I can't.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I like both as long as it's in fruit juice as opposed to syrup.

I actually prefer tinned pear over fresh. *shrug*
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options

Same. Will never eat canned.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options

That is rediculous. Cooking your food is so much healthier AND cheaper. And you get everything exactly the way you want it.
    I don't even remember the last time I had canned fruit. Maybe a fruit cocktail in an airplane meal?

Snob away.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    ಠ_ಠ

Who the hell can afford that?
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    That is the kind of snob you want to be!!!!!! I am one too!! Love, love fresh fruit! However, I do like frozen fruit for my smoothies!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    eww canned fruit is gross!!!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I would choose fresh fruit over canned fruit ANY day of the week.