Liquid Gold

Options
One of my fitness pal friends drinks 20 cups of water daily. That's amazing! What is the most cups of water you drank and logged in one day? My number is 12. Please post your number of cups. Please feel free to tell us your thoughts on the benefits of drinking a lot of water daily.:drinker: Do you use flavor enhancers, if you do what is your favorite?

Replies

• rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I get about 10-12 cups a day on average. My nutritionist told me to count all liquid toward my daily "water" intake except drinks that contain caffeine. So, I drink iced tea, Vitamin Water Zero, orange juice ... all counting toward my total.

I don't have an exact number for my most in a day but I would bet it's north of 18-20. I can remember days where it didn't seem I would ever stop drinking.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I get about 10-12 cups a day on average. My nutritionist told me to count all liquid toward my daily "water" intake except drinks that contain caffeine. So, I drink iced tea, Vitamin Water Zero, orange juice ... all counting toward my total.

I don't have an exact number for my most in a day but I would bet it's north of 18-20. I can remember days where it didn't seem I would ever stop drinking.

Do you drink caffene free tea? I used to always count all my unsweetend liquids towards my "water" intake. I do drink lots of tea and I have to have my diet coke. lol Usually one a day or a 32 oz. There are days I go overboard on it though. If I'm drinking lots of tea I usually only end up with 5 or so cups of actual water. If not I can easily get 10-12.
  • jessica_rabbit8
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I love the taste of coffee, but I get really unfocused when I drink it (hyper):laugh: , I switched to drinking non caffinated fruit flavored teas and herbal teas. I drink about 2 cups of tea a day, but I don't count them in my water intake. I drink diet sodas at my mom's house, she is diabetic so she always has them on hand. I'm thinking of buying flavor enhancers for my water bottles next trip to the grocery store. Those I will definately count in my water intake. As for the tea, I might just count those as well.:drinker: Happy Drinking:drinker:
  • jessica_rabbit8
    Options
    :happy: I haven't been counting all liquids as my water intake, hmm maybe I should, thanks for the great advice:flowerforyou: Happy Drinking:drinker:
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Most days I drink a gallon of green tea and a gallon of water. The days I don't I can totally feel it. I'm crabby, tired, fuzzy headed. There is a lot to be said for hydration!