90 day body by vi?

Options
i have a friend on fb that has been promoting this body bi vi and apparetly it is a shake supplement that replaces ur meals. does anyone know if this really works, is it work it etc. there are different packages and price. 100 bucks for a month supply for 2 shakes a day, but me personally i dont think i could really stick to only have shakes for months on end.
any input?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,998 Member
    Options
    It's multi-level-marketing. It's nothing more than a supplement shake. You can get all the nutrition you need from food.
  • misstwistedshine
    Options
    yeah i wasnt that keen on the idea but its a big rave i guees
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    yeah i wasnt that keen on the idea but its a big rave i guees

It's a big rave because it appears to be well promoted. It will work if it creates a calorie deficit. However, as cmriverside already said, you can do this with actual food instead of shakes. And eating food will most likely be more sustainable and more enjoyable.

It is not anything special. It is a shake that will end up being less calories than whatever else you would have eaten.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    ever hear of medi-fast? It sounds similar. But just like any of those "fads" it makes you lose the weight really fast, but is unsustainable. Everyone I knew who went on the medifast diet gained back all of their weight as soon as they started eating "normal" again. My word of advice, don't do it. It's not worth it. It may take longer but the route to go really is portion control and exercise. Not exactly what most of us want to hear, but it is healthier and will stay off that way. Good luck!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I was invited to one of these too. I was thinking about buying it to have a shake once a day with regular food to boost my loss, however, after I saw the price I pretty much threw it out the window. I can buy a months worth of REAL FOOD for that price. I would not invest in it. Besides, when you've reached your goal weight, are you gonna live the rest of your days on shakes? No, most likely not. I'd stick with real food and activity, get your weight down, and maintain with real food.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You could do shake replacements on your own without it costing 100.00 a month. Just buy really good stuff.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I would not invest in it. Besides, when you've reached your goal weight, are you gonna live the rest of your days on shakes? No, most likely not. I'd stick with real food and activity, get your weight down, and maintain with real food.

Agreed. It's pushed so well because the promoters earn free cars and vacations, so of course they will promote the crap out of it. I don't agree with something being marked up THAT high, I feel taken advantage of.
  • Sherilynn1966
    Options
    I agree with all of the above. I also have a friend on FB who is promoting Body by Vi - it's expensive and shakes don't fill me up, so I wind up cranky... ;) Think I'll stick with low calorie food. Good luck.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of friends that sell it. Nothing special that I can tell just pricey. The shakes have soy and whey protein in them. I am hypothyroid so I try to not ingest too much soy and it tastes funny. Buy some good whey, it is cheaper and tastes better.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Vegan Shakeology all week for lunch and breakfast and snacks because it's easy and less prep time the night before gives me more time to make dinner and do dishes. It works for me and breaks down to about 2 dollars a serving without adding anything but water.
    But adding almond milk and fruit makes it tastier but doesn't really add much cost or calories. I am not trying to lose a bunch of weight or anything, It just makes life easier some days when I need more time to get stuff done the night before and they taste really good!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who promotes it. I don't do the program, but I keep a package of the shakes on hand because i like them when I'm in a hurry or don't feel like cooking. They have fewer calories than most protein shakes and fewer carbs. Since I'm of a doctor ordered low carb diet right now that's important. And the taste is very good. I will have a shake when I'm in a hurry in the morning, or after a workout when I need more calories and don't feel like eating. Also, the flavored Greek yogurts have a ton of sugar in them. I take a cup of plain, nonfat greek yogurt and put a scoop of the powder in it and throw in a half cup of pureed blueberries and it's much tastier than any I've bought with fruit already in them, and lower in carbs and sugar. I'm not keen on replacing meals with shakes, but for other reasons, I like the Visalus shakes.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I delete friends on Facebook that promote that crap.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Girl, you are going to get loads of negative feedback on here....But I'm sure you already figured that out. I do Body By Vi and I like it. I stay fuller drinking the shakes than when I eat real food. If I'm not in the mood for a shake that day I eat real food. It isn't a miracle shake. And it isn't a meal replacement for me. I still eat plenty of food throughout the day. I've only lost seven pound in 45 days on it, but I have lost 11.5+ inches while on it. It works for me.
  • yngone
    yngone Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Its working great for me,.... love the taste, and the versatility the different types of milk, fruit and vegetable add ins provide, 100's of variations! and the energy it provides, so convenient makes weight loss a breeze....... 10 lbs in the last 30 days..... pretty good results...... And yes,.. I do eat normal meals as well just healthy ones.

Most people who use it promote it because they can get their shake mix for free by referring 3 people........... Not everyone who uses it is trying to get a BMW, or a cruise...I'm not into MLM.
    If it works for you..... and you want to help a friend achieve their weight loss goals, and get your protein shakes for free who wouldn't promote it?

I totally agree that its not sustainable for the rest of your life....... You still need to live healthy, and reevaluate your eating and exercise habits for the long term. Of course if you go back to your old lifestyle when you go off the shakes you will gain the weight back....Hello?

But overall Visalus works great as a tool to help you get there!...... Its working for me.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i use this tool to assist me in my overall goals.
    I have tried to find other shakes that are good with low cal carb content, i have not found anything that tastes good and works like this product.

I have lost 88 pounds on it and feel amazing...

i have learnt threw it how to pick food wisely and what calories are about and how it works...

makes life easy and makes my new lifestyle compatible to my life

it works for those who want to put work into it..