I think this qualifies as a NSV?

Options
SelenityJ
SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
So one of the things I was afraid I was going to lose quickly was my breast size. To get used to the idea I had bought a few bras that were a couple sizes smaller and a few that were a cup size smaller. Well... in these past ten weeks I have lost weight on my tummy, and on my but but I've gone from a D to a DD! So the smaller bra's I'd gotten were exchanged (thank goodness I keep receipts) and I now have on proper fitting bras.

One of my house mates joked to me that she thinks my weight loss would be more if my boobs didn't keep stealing the fat.

A definite NSV- No Sagging skin flaps so far! Toning exercises are working!

Replies

• ESP21
    ESP21 Posts: 13
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I am so jealous! Good for you, sister!

I'm pretty consistently terrified that the next few pounds are just going to come straight off my boobs. (I'm also currently a D.) I bought some C cups and one reallllly pretty B to try to tell myself they'll still look nice, but honestly the loss of my breasts is ALMOST enough to make me not want to lose the weight.

But I figure, hey, I'll try myself smaller and if I don't like it, how fun will it be to get to eat carbs and put it back on? :)

Also, I feel you on the weight loss. Tracking success by weight loss is an inherently flawed metric, I'm sure you know all about the 'muscle weighs more' thing, and what you're trying to lose is extraneous fat. Personally, I like to put weight as a secondary tracker, and instead use a lot of inch-measurements, and then see how much fat i can 'pinch' between my fingers. Also clothes as benchmarks. Can I fit back into the pretty hater dress from Freshman year?
  • ESP21
    ESP21 Posts: 13
    Options
    haha, 'halter' dress, not 'hater' dress. Oh god that sounds like I have a clan-themed frock or something. :/
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    38C to a 36DDD so far for me.
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I read your original post and my mind picked up halter just fine!! ;) I hope you dont' have any inappropriate dresses!!! :laugh:
  • neuro_nut
    neuro_nut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    wow, sooo jealous!
    my boobs were the first thing to go...
    although they are significantly smaller, I still like the change. i know it seems weird, but i think they are rounder, perkier and prettier now :)
  • ikylilgrl
    ikylilgrl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lol, i thought maybe a hater dress was some skimyish dress that you looked really amazing in. that ppl became haters because you looked so good? lol
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    O.o This is actually my worst nightmare! I started at a 38DD and now am a 36DD, but I want to go down to about a C! If it doesn't happen naturally through weight loss, I am getting a reduction and either way I am getting a lift when all is said and done! I would even be happy as a B because I am SICK of having boobs and my husband is more of a butt man anyway (which is fine because running is doing GREAT things for my bum!)
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Love it!

I went from a 36C to a 34D, so I guess they stayed the same?!
  • cassilink
    cassilink Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    With my wieght loss in the past, I noticed that the band size went down (lost some back fat!!) but the cups stayed pretty much the same. And with the loss of fat around the sides and on my back, my boobs actually look better!! I also think I am wearing the correct size bra now - that helps tremendously!
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started Monday, what is NSV?
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started Monday, what is NSV?

non-scale victory! Some days, these are what keep me going!
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And I can definitely relate. I was thinking that my band size would go down to but that's gone up as well. I was wearing a 36 or 38 D when I started this journey and now my bras are now 40 DDs.

But... today I had a scale victory.... 2 more lbs are lost! *dances*

Well... I'm hoping that my boobs stay where they are now or as I lose more weight and inches that they'll at least either stay the same or go down to my original 36 D. It's funny... when I gained weight it didn't touch my boobs but now that I'm loosing weight my breasts are gaining in size and the like. I was on skype the other day with a male friend and he tilted his head and went... "Okay I have to say this, now I don't conciously check out your chest but it looks like it's gotten bigger... are you wearing a push up bra?"

My confidence is definitely going up... and while I'm no where near where I want to be physically I've noticed that I've started attracting guys to me. Got asked out by 5 different guys this weekend when I took myself on a holiday. It definitely made me feel more desirable and feminine. A nice guy even helped me put my suitcase up on the luggage rack on the train.

It's definitely given me additional motivation and lets me know that there is a difference even if the scale doesn't show it all the time. *grins*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!