how to get active when exhausted

Options
Ok I feel like such a loser these days. I recently joined weight watchers but I know I need to exercise too. I work mon-fri 8 to (6:30-7 most days) and by the time I get home I am to exhausted to go to the Gym. I cant get myself to wake up at 5 or 6 in the morning to exercise becuase I alway hit the snooze. Does any one have any suggestions? I know once I get into a routine I will have more energy and do it without problem but has anyone else felt like this and how have you overcome it?

I guess I should put some back ground about myself to help with possible tips. I am a 22 yr old female. I do not have any kids. I live with my boyfriend in an apartment. My work schedule is posted above. Im not very active like playing sports. I do have a membership to planet fitness by rarely use it; I have a few weights at home but no cardio machines.

help?

Replies

• purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Get out and walk after work. 20 minutes of walking and fresh air will help energize you. Taking B Complex mid day will help too.
  • poodlelaise
    poodlelaise Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Any way you could get out for 20 min during your lunch break for a walk?
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can workout at home. Either before or after work, so you don't spend time driving back and forth to the gym. You can jog/run/walk during lunch at work. Most days, my workouts don't end until 11:00 PM. Now that the Olympics is on, it tends to be more like 1:00 PM (yes, I'm exhausted, but it's only for 2 weeks).
  • Nuyslady
    Options
    FInd yourself a buddy to work out, take a photo of yourself and post it up to remind you how bad you want to loose it!
  • Akious
    Akious Posts: 71
    Options
    On the days I feel like crap and tell myself I don't want to goto the gym, I sit down and read:

http://rosstraining.com/blog/2009/12/04/iron-and-the-soul-by-henry-rollins/

Its my motivator considering the 2nd paragraph is my life story. If you can though, work out at home. go out and get a pair of dumbbells if you haven't already, make up your own workout routine, and do it. Its what I did when I started and didn't have access to a gym.
  • slyon68
    slyon68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Bob Harper Power Walk DVD you can do in your living room! There are four different walks, one mile long each and each walk takes 16 minutes (exercise included). It is a great work-out and here in Oklahoma, it has been so hot, that I can't get out and walk. It was still 100 degrees last night at 11:00 p.m. :happy:
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Bodyweight exercises. Seriously, I can't use a gym anymore because I lose my motivation when I'm sitting in traffic trying to get there. When you come home do something like.

50 jumping jacks
    50 squats
    50 pushups
    50 lunges
  • Rage4lightning
    Rage4lightning Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've had this same problem. I work 7:30 to 5:30 four days a week and spent most of my time exhausted.

Three weeks ago, I decided to start walking on one of my breaks while I'm at work. Every day since then, I spend my morning 15 minutes walking laps around the parking lot. It's helped tremendously. I already feel more energized just doing that. Last night, I started a workout routine at home.

That step was hard for me if only becaus I have no idea what exercises I should do. So, I bought a workout game for my PS3. It tells me what exercises to do and for how long. It was exactly what I needed. I wouldn't have been able to start it though if I hadn't started walking on my break at work.

My main motivation though is my best friend. All he's done so far is change the way he eats and he's already lost 5 pounds! Now I have to start working at it a little harder!