No More Excuses - Week 8

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Laura - you really, really should be proud of the fact that you're 35lb lighter than this time last year - that's a major acheivement. I'm so happy for you that you've lost this week too. There's nothing like a good loss to keep you motivated for the week ahead.

Anne - I don't know what a twirler is, so I'm not sure if you're watching out for them because they're pretty or because they could cause you some sort of damage - but anyway - good luck with the detox and keep us posted on how it goes.

Tammy - congratulations on your loss. Very impressive. You're right, I should just relax and enjoy the holiday dinners shouldn't I? We've got one tomorrow and then one more next weekend and that's it for this year, thankfully.

Amanda - are you using invisible ink? :laugh:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Laura - you really, really should be proud of the fact that you're 35lb lighter than this time last year - that's a major acheivement. I'm so happy for you that you've lost this week too. There's nothing like a good loss to keep you motivated for the week ahead.

Anne - I don't know what a twirler is, so I'm not sure if you're watching out for them because they're pretty or because they could cause you some sort of damage - but anyway - good luck with the detox and keep us posted on how it goes.

Tammy - congratulations on your loss. Very impressive. You're right, I should just relax and enjoy the holiday dinners shouldn't I? We've got one tomorrow and then one more next weekend and that's it for this year, thankfully.

Thanks, I am really proud of my accomplishment
  • tigermom79
    Options

Let me think.....how do I explain a "twirler"....Maybe you would recognize Majorette???? She is the gal at the front of the band (Not the Drum Major who is directing the band), but usually a female (we do have males in our sport!), with a long metal shaft (the baton) and she is twirling it around and throwing it in the air and such. I am a coach and judge for the competitive side.

To be quite honest I was very dissappointed in the the NBC coverage of the Tournament of Roses Parade. Everytime a band came by the went to commercial. EGADS!!!! So I would switch to I think it was ABC that also covered it and were just a touch behind the other station and they would cover them. There was one band that had a twirler that was twirling 2. I was laughing at the comentators because they were going on and on about her. I wasn't all that impressed. My 12 yr old student does more with 2 batons than she did! Yes I'm bragging!;) SORRY!!!!! Anyway did see a couple of twirlers but not many. I love the floats too, they are so gorgeous!

Well off to check out my Wii Fit Plus I just picked up!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I am going to ask if somebody else would please keep track on the weights. I will do it this week for Sunday but then would appreciate it if somebody else would take it over. Thanks!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I am going to ask if somebody else would please keep track on the weights. I will do it this week for Sunday but then would appreciate it if somebody else would take it over. Thanks!

Amanda...I'm not quite sure how to do it. About how long does it take you to complete each week?
  • tigermom79
    Options

maybe we could take turns doing it for like a month at a time or something. That way no one is tied to doing it all the time. Can you send the spreadsheet by email?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Well, I did pretty good today, but I did go over on calories some today but over all a great day.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Okay....so I don't think the detox thing is going to work. It has no sugar and no salt, no dairy except plain yogurt and no red meat.......by noon I had such a headache.. So for dinner I had to have something. It threw my calories over but I think I am just going to stay heavy on the fruits and veggies and limit the other stuff. In other words eat healthy. Gosh what a concept.

I got on the fit plus and it seems like it will be fun. Our youngest is on it as I type and it will be good for him as well as myself.

I think I may get on it again tonight to try and work off some of those extra calories.

Have a greatt night.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Okay....so I don't think the detox thing is going to work. It has no sugar and no salt, no dairy except plain yogurt and no red meat.......by noon I had such a headache.. So for dinner I had to have something. It threw my calories over but I think I am just going to stay heavy on the fruits and veggies and limit the other stuff. In other words eat healthy. Gosh what a concept.

I got on the fit plus and it seems like it will be fun. Our youngest is on it as I type and it will be good for him as well as myself.

I think I may get on it again tonight to try and work off some of those extra calories.

Have a greatt night.

Keep us posted, I am pretty skeptical on the whole detox, but I have a very good friend that has had success with juice fasts.

We got our Wii Fit out for the 1st time in a year, we played it the entire day, no one left the house. It was fun, but I have definately lost my "skills" at it.
  • tigermom79
    Options

Have a greatt night.

Keep us posted, I am pretty skeptical on the whole detox, but I have a very good friend that has had success with juice fasts.

We got our Wii Fit out for the 1st time in a year, we played it the entire day, no one left the house. It was fun, but I have definately lost my "skills" at it.

Our youngest and I just got done doing some of the multi player games on the fit plus......He pretty well kicked my fannny!!!! There is this obstacle course thing. EGADS..... I finally made it to level 3. We will try again tomorrow and practice when I'm all by myself:wink:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all...Well, had a blow up last night (literally). I put my cranberry meatballs in the oven in a metal dish and put my sweet potatoe casserole beside it in a glass baking dish. About 20 minutes later we heard a bang. The glass dish had exploded into about a million little pieces, all in the food and bottom of the oven. I have never had that happen before. It totally ruined our meal. We ended up with KFC grilled chicken and the mac and cheese I had in the crock pot. Thankfully my husband and my dad cleaned up the mess while I got the chicken. I know it could have been worse but it was so disappointing. Anyway, a new day today. Just finished level 1 day 2 of the Shred. I'm terribly sore but feel good. I did the gym yesterday and the Shred but I think it will be difficult to do the gym, still keep up with the running program and do the Shred. I'll do my best. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey, leaving for a busy day, just wanted to say hi and hope everybody has a great day.

Tammy, I am SO sorry about your dinner last night! HUGS!!!!
  • yvonneh
    yvonneh Posts: 64
    Options

Sorry to hear the detox thing didn't go well. I'd tried the one several years ago that sounds similar to yours - no dairy, no sugar, no salt, plus no eggs. I also didn't feel well. What I've read is that this can be normal - that toxins are being released and you feel better after a couple of days, but who knows if this is really the case or not. You have to go with your instincts. I didn't stick with that one very long, but I liked the concept, so I modified it to instead just do the smoothie drink I already mentioned.

Tammy - what a mess! I've never heard of a glass baking dish shattering either. Sorry you lost all that food and the time you spent on it. Also, are you enjoying the Shred? I've been thinking about it myself.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi all.....we have been on the go since 5:00 this morning. Had to make a run to Denver to pick up my mom at the airport. Glad she made it home safely. Got home and took down all my Christmas!!!! The house looks empty. Just wanted to check in a bit to see how everyone was doing.

Tammy so sorry to hear about your meal.....What a mess. Just glad it didn't explode in your hands or something. That would have been a whole lot worse than just loosing the meal.

Amanda.....hope your busy day went well.

Yvonneh....yeah I'm sure it would work if I could stick to it, but I think I will adapt parts of it and go from there. I have felt better today.

Well off to find some dinner and spend some time on the wii plus.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Yvonneh...I like the Shred so far. I finished day 2 today. I joined a goup on here that just started the 30 days together. You are welcome to join us if you'd like.

Ann...I took most of my Christmas down today too. I still have 2 big trees and all the small ones to go but I am getting there. I hope to have it finished by the end of the week since I have to start work again tomorrow.

Off to bed. Sleep well MFP friends:yawn:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all. My weight this morning is still at 164. Well still is not the right word. back,.....would bemore appropriate. a few days ago the scale showed that I had gained about 3 lbs. So for it to be "back" to 164 is a good thing. I must have been doing things right the last couple of days so will keep on keepin' on.

Have a good day everyone!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    3 lbs gone this week, back to 158.5! :smile:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good Sunday morning all...

Amanda and Ann (Tigermom, I hope I'm getting your name right)...Congrats on the weight loss. I'm still hovering around 178. Today is my baby's 10th birthday and I just had a piece of his huge birthday cookie. We are taking him to the state museum and then out to eat dinner. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred before we go so maybe that will counteract some of the calories I'm going to have today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
  • yvonneh
    yvonneh Posts: 64
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm still at the same weight. The scale is still stuck, but people have told me I look like I'm losing, so I'm focusing on that. WIth that in mind, I'm finding the weekly weigh-in is making me less motivated than if I just focused on the inches and how I feel. So I want to stay in the support group, but quit the weekly weigh-in's for a while and just focus on the other positives. I'll still check the scale occassionally, and let you know if I see any big change!

Congratulations to those who have lost this week!