Food suggestions please...

Options
I have my food planned out for today, but I am still 695 calories short after doing my workout. I want to get as close to 1200 as possible so that I don't go into "starvation" mode and store the calories. I am going to the grocery store later for more veggies and fruits, so can anyone suggest a yummy snack or meal so that I can meet my calorie goal? Thanks!

Replies

• tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Snack.... you need more fat and protein - perhaps nuts (almonds), even dark chocolate covered almonds...? Also, perhaps avocado .... guacamole and baked chips, pita bread and hummus .... all healthy options..... :)
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    Snack.... you need more fat and protein - perhaps nuts (almonds), even dark chocolate covered almonds...? Also, perhaps avocado .... guacamole and baked chips, pita bread and hummus .... all healthy options..... :)
    oh my you are wonderful, all of those sound amazing!! :) Especially the guac and baked chips!! Thanks! I am so buying that at the store. :)
  • Tiffani1985
    Options
    Yeah get some nuts or even some baked potato chips. Get some healthy snacks. Even it is maybe 150 calories that will get you closer to your goal. Remember stay away from the junk food though. Going to the grocery store always makes my stomach happy but not me because I want all the junk food. I always talk myself out of it though.
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    Yeah get some nuts or even some baked potato chips. Get some healthy snacks. Even it is maybe 150 calories that will get you closer to your goal. Remember stay away from the junk food though. Going to the grocery store always makes my stomach happy but not me because I want all the junk food. I always talk myself out of it though.
    yeah lucky for me the produce is right at the front and I have a budget, so by the time I get to the chip aisle, I will have very limited choices! Plus, I am just really determined.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    oh my you are wonderful, all of those sound amazing!! :) Especially the guac and baked chips!! Thanks! I am so buying that at the store. :)

Healthy fats will help keep you satiated for longer... enjoy the guac ... in moderation :)