46 and Logging on for 2 -weeks -- need some support!

Options
Will this scale ever budge? I've been pretty good over the past two weeks and the numbers hardly move.

I've been keeping track of my calories and exercising (bikram yoga and working out with a trainer a few times a week).

I am blaming it on age. I am 46 now and nothing seems to come as easily as when I was younger.

I'm having a bad day and feel terrible. Looking for some inspiration and motivation. Maybe I need to have a couple of MyFitnessPals to follow.

:grumble:

Replies

• lostandgotpaid
    Options
    Don't Feel Bad! Just keep working hard and you will see the results. Don't Stop! Keep Going!
  • ksnegirl
    ksnegirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago too. I'm 38 and I know age doesn't make this weight loss thing any easier!!! Just hang in there and it will come off!! Be persistent. You can do it! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • thegunnut26
    thegunnut26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It just takes time, you can add me if you would like.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    i am feeling your pain. I am 45 and have that same feeling. I stop eating candy because I think that was the source of weight gain. I like to exercise and may have been doing that too much and not eating enough. I don't quite understand exercising and eatng more to lose weight. In the last 4 weeks I have lost 7 pounds. Don't get hung up on the scale. Exercise will help you lose inches and you will notice your clothes fitting better and looser!! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other
  • Tamisplace
    Options
    I am 45, and feeling the same way, but regardless of the scale moving it is all good for you. That is what I keep telling myself.
  • carolg225
    Options
    I know how you feel but I dont worry to much about the scales. I can FEEL the difference in my clothes, my walking and even how I fit in my car. Keep on keeping on., Thats what I plan to do!!!!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    4 pounds down in the first few weeks is AWESOME!

yes it comes off much more slowly as we age, but it will come off - it already is happening for you!

add me if u like.

=^x^=
  • sydneyorbust
    Options
    when the scale is not moving try measuring yourself...and hang in there...been there and done that,,mfp is working..
  • Sapd975
    Sapd975 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dont give up....u may not see it on scale but u will feel it with ur clothes...im 44 and its harder but if u have a realistic goal or trip u should use that as motivation ....d o it for yourself...i just started seversl weeks ago and just envision how I want to look and feel....
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 ...... I've lost 45 lbs so far, and still losing ...... so you really can't blame age :smile:

Everyone is different,, but this is what works for me:

- the more protein, veg & fruit I eat (and naturally, the less "junk") ...... the better I like my scale !

- the more I exercise (cardio, weights, some yoga) ..... the better my body feels !

Hope you find what works FOR YOU ...... and best of luck !
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the MFP Love! I've added you as friends. Didn't have any on MFP before. It will be nice to have a little support on these difficult days.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! Don't get discouraged, that will only make things work. I will send you a friend request....I will be your cheerleader lol!!!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You are really doing an excellent job. Don't worry about the numbers on the scale too much (I know that's easy to say but HARD to do). Judge your success by how you feel and how good you look in your clothes!

I'm finding it harder to lose weight now too. I'm 43. Feel free to add me. We can motivate and support each other!
  • Lakeswoman
    Lakeswoman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It CAN take time. You can do this. I'm a lot older and just decided one day to have at it. Once that scale moved, I was ecstatic,,but when the clothes started to hang, I was over the moon. Add me for support if you want.
  • Eunicemaye
    Eunicemaye Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and it does come off a lot harder now. But it looks like your doing about 2 pounds per week. Thats great. They say that the slower you lose it the longer you keep it off. I sooo hope that is true !! Hang in there and be patient. I'm sending you a friend request. Having friends on here does really help. They help to keep you accountable and motivated. I'm new to this site (day 4) and i have found so much good information and inspiration.