Excited about my first day!

Options
Hello! I just signed up tonight for MFP. I'm so excited about tomorrow!

My biggest problem with diets (and trust me, I've tried a few) is that I start uber motivated, then I get off track, stay off track, then quit completely. How do YOU recommend I stay motivated throughout this long journey (and lifetime!) ahead?

Replies

• kebrown73
    kebrown73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! i decided to create a MFP to start off the new year as well!! i seem to have the same problems as you as far as sticking to a diet and staying motivated so i was hoping someone with more experience would give you some good answers. but, as for me, this time i am doing something different by dragging my boyfriend along with me :) also i set MFp as my homepage so i cant really forget to log in my stuff. hopefully we will both start seeing some results, keep me updated with how your diet comes along as well
    good luck!!!
    Kris
  • cmmoreland
    Options
    hello and welcome! i love this site! i am a "return" user....i was on here a year ago and then had a baby a few months ago...so now i am back! its a great motivator! good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    I am dragging my husband as well! He is not as committed as I'd like, but everyday as he watches me weigh in on wii fit plus and watches the ounces come down, his attitude is changing. He is becoming aware of things like portions, dairy products as a fat burner and sodium awareness. He does not like change, but he is in for the ride anyway, for I am slowly transitioning high calorie, carb, fat, etc. foods out of the house for healthier ones. I am trying to make small changes so he is not scared off!

Good luck!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just signed up tonight for MFP. I'm so excited about tomorrow!

My biggest problem with diets (and trust me, I've tried a few) is that I start uber motivated, then I get off track, stay off track, then quit completely. How do YOU recommend I stay motivated throughout this long journey (and lifetime!) ahead?

The main reason that I've managed to lose most of the weight that I've wanted to is that I HAVE been able to eat "real" food. (Not Slim Fast or other easy, quick, fad "wacko" diets!) Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time.)
    Before coming here, I tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, (TWICE) but nothing really worked. I always felt deprived of all the "good stuff" out there, and therefore, could only last just so long, and then I'd cave and be right back to eating all the "goodies" I wanted.
    But then I came here, and started my new "lifestyle change", and as long as I "work with my numbers", I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade icecream! :love:
    MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :happy: Give it a chance, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this is absolutely the best site! My suggestion to staying motivated is look under topics and join as many groups as possible! This will keep you accountable and it is always great to get and to give encouragment! I wish you success!!