Public Humiliation = motivation

Options
I was just at the store and the check out lady commented on how miserable she was pregnant in the summer... then I realized, she thought I was pregnant ! That makes 3 strangers over the last 2-3 months who assumed I was pregnant and who were comfortable enough with thier assumption that they had no problem discussing it with me. I am mortified, I am not pregnant I am FAT. This is my rock bottom ! ! ! I am taking back my health and happiness one pound at a time.......... I have been crying for the last hour and I am drying my tears now and promising myself that I will stop using the excuse that I am tired to skip out on the gym that I pay for every month.

I used to get up at 4am Monday thru Friday and bust my butt at the gym and then sometimes return after workfor a second round. And I know I can do it again.

SW 205 lbs
GW 145 lbs

Please feel free to friend me I am going to need all the support I can get :-)

Jessica

Replies

• rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You have come to the right place. So many tools and motivational people here to keep you on the right track. Good luck with your journey. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    xxxx hugs for the harsh comment, and hurrah for the motivation to get going on the lifestyle change xxx
  • EK2828
    EK2828 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's the worst... so sorry!! We've got the same starting and goal weights... you can totally do it... which means I can too. :) Sending you a friend request... you can never have too many cheerleaders! :)
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That sucks. Jeez...people need some common sense. I don't care how sure I am that someone is pregnant - I'm not saying anything unless they do first.

You can totally do it. Every day is a new opportunity. ....and a year from now, you will be SO happy that you did.
    :flowerforyou:
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've been called pregnant when I'm not as well. It's not fun, but you've got the right attitude to get healthy! Welcome!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That's always awkward an embarrassing, but it can be a good thing if it's just the smack in the *kitten* you needed to get going!
  • kbailey374
    kbailey374 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I remember a little girl patting my tummy and asking when the baby was due, yes how humiliating and that was just a kid, so I can imagine :( Well, whatever it takes to motivate us, altho, gulp, OUCH!!!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    That's the worst! Sorry about that and I understand how you feel. Just move forward and never look back!!!

One day at a time ma xo
  • ASH0424
    ASH0424 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    People are rude sometimes knowingly or not.
    At the 4th of July I had a older lady offer me a chair because it was hot and she thought I needed a rest.
    Well after a few more words I realized she thought I was pregnant...and she did this to my husband who was working and his co-worker and then when I explained I wasn't she goes oh well I'll just take my seat back because I need it.
    Um..can you say ouch twice...anyway...just know you're working on it...
    At that point I wasn't but I am now, and that is what counts that we are!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel, now I have not had that happen to me but when I became pregnant no one could tell because I didn't have a big belly, all my fat covered my baby bump.

People would comment on my weight gain and tell me it wasn't healthy and then when I told them I was pregnant they were dumb founded. I vowed from that day on that the next time I got pregnant I wasn't going to be fat and I would be able to show off a cute baby bump!
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    There is nothing worse than people thinking you are pregnant. I had the worst thing happen to me several years ago at WORK! I am in health care and I was rooming this older woman, she asked me when I was due. I very nicely told her that I was not expecting. She then asked me if I had recently had a baby, again told her no. She then decided she needed to continue asking questions and make me feel even worse and asked if I had recently lost a lot of weight. I wanted to cry and punch that little lady.

Welcome to MFP! You can do it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    And I know I can do it again.
    You absolutely can. And I'm sorry you had to experience rude and tactless people.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey! You can do this, and you should be so proud for taking control of your life. xoxo
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I never got accused of being pregnant.

I do use my anger to fuel my running rage. I suggest c25k, and beating the c**p out of it.
  • kammy150
    kammy150 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I understand about rock bottom!!! It was my mom telling me that I am the biggest I have ever been. She continued on with the health issues that run in our family and ended with "Your not getting any younger and it won't get any easier. " My mom is very supportive but tells it like it is. It's a daily battle for me. We can do this together!!
  • CaitlinedB
    CaitlinedB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I wish you the best. You CAN do it!
  • Calgarycowpoke
    Options
    Please please hang in there! This is about you and your health nobody elses ....stay with the positive support not the negative comments and you will be "propelled forward"!
  • MomTo5Wow
    Options
    Thank you all for being so supportive.

Sucks that I am not alone on this one, some people have no class.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Ouch...but good on ya for letting it push you to take charge of your weight! I kind of went through the same thing a couple of years ago, family vacay to Puerto Rico & I dealt with a lot of rude treatment from fellow travelers. I did what I could to make the best of the trip, but I came home vowing to never have an experience like that again. I'm not at my goal yet, but my entire life has changed since then & I couldn't be happier.

You can do it!!!