Help help help

Options
This is right about the time when I lose it and start to cheat and binge. Saturday night, was so good all day, but it was hard! Now nothing on tv, my husband and I made no plans, I am so starved I could eat a cow all by myself! You'd think I hadn't eaten all day! But I had all my calories! Feeling lathorgic, irritable, driving my hubby crazy. I need people who understand me! I just started this battle again and this time I can't give up! Help!

Replies

• sweetpea3333
    Options
    You just have to stay strong... you may feel good while your eating but you'll feel horrible afterwards and all of tomorrow.

RESIST!!! If you have to eat something eat something healthy low calorie
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i'm right there w/ u.
    i want 1000 calories of wine!:sad: :sad: :sad: to numb my bad feelings.
    i know some stuff that i/we SHOULD do:
    :heart: drink water (i'll have tea, i guess)
    :heart: do a craft w/ our hands (i could needlepoint)
    :heart: go 4 a walk , exercise (i could wii)
    :heart: have sex (my hubby's always willing, but i have kids 2 care for and stuff)

i look forward to reading the advise other mfp people give you (and i)

robin:ohwell: :ohwell:
  • cmmoreland
    Options
    stay positive! i feel the same way this time of night...mostly i think i get bored! go something to distract yourself...i know this might sound stupid- sometimes all i need to do is take a shower. it distracts me and takes up time and also relaxes me! stick to it! you deserve it! :)
  • Mandillynn
    Options
    Today was my first day of counting calories. This is the part of the night where I like to munch on things... but I just finished my last carrot and only have 1 calorie left... lol! I'm starting to still feel like I need more, but I guess what I can do is drink some more water. I'm 4 cups behind on water anyway... and it can fill you up if you drink it quickly. How about we drink lots of water together? I got my glass... go get yours. CHUG!! CHUG!!
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    Thank you so much! The second I got these posts I feel better! The problem is right now I feel about as sexy as a chair! Lol the sex won't work. I just made some tea and reading these posts trying to just get to sleep soon. It's so hard! I keep seeing food commercials on tv and makes me want to scream! Ahhhh big mac avatar commercial! Going to cry!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    How about we drink lots of water together? I got my glass... go get yours. CHUG!! CHUG!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: thank you. i needed that push.
    who else is in? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    one word- APPLE!
    So good for you and so filling.
    Takes the hunger blues away.
    Try one - I'm serious!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Did you exercise today? If so did you add in those calories so you could eat more? There is no way I could make it on 1200 calories per day so I push it REAL hard and long so I can eat more!!! Also you are probably more bored than hungry and I bet a cupboard, closet or shelf could use some organizing/cleaning! It will keep you from commiting something you will definitly regret later!! Good luck sweetie and I am rooting for ya!!!
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    I just drank water, definately helped! I actually didn't work out today! So bad. But tomorrow will get that in. We can all do this with some helps! Please let's keep motivating eachother! I am going to clean my closet now! Thank you for the ideas! So helpful!
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    I try to call a friend who is also trying to lose weight. Or I knit. It's always good to have someone to hold you accountable, you know? Oh and as I was reading this, I finished my last glass of water for the night...by chugging, haha! :drinker:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    go eat some chicken. fish. vegetables. oatmeal.

if you keep it to around 200 calories, you'll be full and still losing.

eat food that keeps you fuller, longer!
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    Well I want to thank you guys again! I made it through last night. Today I have made plans so I don't have to sit home and constantly think of food. The real test will be on Monday , when I am back to work and the stresses of my job come back to haunt me and I will want a huge bowl of pasta to make me feel better! It's an everyday battle. I'm just on day two of my "restart". But this time I'm not failing! I hope you are with me!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Pick up some healthy snack food you can take to work. I don't think those 100 calorie packs are a good idea- processed carbs and sugars just make me tired and hungry in an hour.

I take hard boiled eggs and keep them in a refrigerator at work - if you don't have a refrigerator they keep fine in an insulated lunch bag (hard boiled eggs are more stable than you think). I take a five pound bag of granny smith apples - it can take work to find SMALL or MEDIUM apples not those giant ones that must have grown near a nuclear plant!

I don't like apples so it's a great test to know if I'm REALLY hungry or just WANT to eat! When I'm really hungry an apple tastes pretty good :) Keep a jar of low sugar peanut butter at work. One spoonful will give you a lot of fat and protein and about 10 minutes after you eat it you won't feel hungry.

Build healthy smart snacks into your food list for the day - make every calorie count either because it's super healthy for you (apple) or because it tastes soooo good it's worth it to you (a little pasta). I no longer eat the bread on my sandwiches because It's not worth the calories to me! I'd rather save those calories for somthing I want more like a glass of red wine!

Good luck tomorrow!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    There are some days that I can't stop thinking about food because I'm board or I don't want to do what I'm doing and eating can get me out of it. Also sometime when eating lunch or dinner I really want to go for seconds but I tell myself that I will sit for 10 minutes and if I'm still feel like I need more I have an apple or veggies as they are lower in calories. But general it is only me wanting more not me needing more. Drinking water is also very importnant. My goal is to drink at least 8 glaases of it or more a day. Carry a picture around of you and look at it when you feel like this to remind yourself want you want for YOU! You can do this!
  • Laine
    Laine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    just think how hard you had to work to get as far as you have!! That always helps me stay strong!
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    It started snowing in ny so my plans were cancelled. Here I am again, at home not much to do and hungry. So taking advice and staying strong on day two. Can you guys share what you've been eating so far today or are planning to eat? I had 2 protein shakes and a salad so far, about 400 cals. So I have a long way to go and would like healthy suggestions. Also any workout advice in the snow? I don't belong to a gym because I used to spend all that money and never go! Wishing everyone a great Sunday!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much snow you already have as I am on the West Coast, but it sounds like you are off to a good start for the day. If you have the right clothing and shoes for it, and the wind isn't blowing like crazy, how about taking a walk? It will burn calories and when you come in you can reward yourself with a healthy snack, or, if you are a hot chocolate fan, there are reduced calorie products from Swiss Miss, so maybe you can find some in a store nearby....

If going outside is not for you, and you have digital cable w/on demand service, you can find a workout under exercise and fitness, and reward yourself with a cup of tea and a healthy snack afterwards.

You already got one closet cleaned last night...maybe there is another?? Good luck!! You can do it!!
  • Mandillynn
    Options
    At 8 a.m. for breakfast today, I had 3 egg whites cooked in 1 tbsp of real butter, salted, one slice of white toast (would have wheat, but I kinda started this on a whim and won't have wheat until probably tomorrow), and instead of butter on the toast, I put 1 tbsp of apple butter on it (40 cal vs 102 cal... no contest). Total, it was 263 calories. This was enough to keep me satisfied through church. Since I'm in the band, I have to help tear down the equipment, and that's when I noticed I was getting hungry. That was at noon. I was hungry until I could finally make it home at 1.

For lunch, I mixed a 1/4 cup of tuna with 2 tbsp of miracle whip and 1 tbsp of chopped onions. I put that on 2 slices of white bread. That was 304 calories total. In my snacks, I had my one can of Coke (not diet), so I used that to wash it down. That was 140.

I think I have more calories to work with than you in a day, so you could adjust everything to fit it all in. Wheat instead of white. Olive oil instead of butter. Light mayo/miracle whip instead of regular, and use only 1 tbsp instead of 2. And obviously... skip the Coke... lol!