P90x cardio question

Options
I did P90x cardio today and I can't seem to find calories burned. Does anyone have a guess at what it could be or where to find it?

Thanks!

Replies

• mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Your best bet to get an accurate count is by buying a good heart rate monitor. That's a must for cardio-x, plyo and kenpo in my opinion.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Your best bet to get an accurate count is by buying a good heart rate monitor. That's a must for cardio-x, plyo and kenpo in my opinion.
    Agreed...I still need to buy one myself.
  • tifmarie9
    tifmarie9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you can also type "calories burned doing P90X" in google and a calculator will come up. It lists all the P90X exercises and you enter which one you did, how long and how much you weigh and it gives you an estimated calorie burn.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    If you can't get a HRM right now which is the best way to get calorie burn you can go to www.p90xcalorieburn.com At the bottom of the page you click which work out you did, your weight, how many minutes you worked out, and your intensity level. It will give you a calorie burn. I use to do this in the beginning. When I got my HRM I found out that I was actually burning more than this gave me But!! It's better to estimate under rather than over. Hope that helps.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    p90xcalories.com
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options

And even in this case, it assumes you are using an accurate setting for your max HR. I'm on a beta blocker for controlling migraines, which means my HR doesn't follow the standard formula. I'm having a hell of a time getting my max HR dialed in to something that makes sense and is accurate; this affects the HRM's report of calories burned.

I believe there is a site that estimates the calories burned for every P90x workout. A quick google search should help you find it.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    you can also type "calories burned doing P90X" in google and a calculator will come up. It lists all the P90X exercises and you enter which one you did, how long and how much you weigh and it gives you an estimated calorie burn.

Ha! we were responding at the same time. I did not see yours so I said the same thing. :)
  • jniedz
    jniedz Posts: 4
    Options
    I have tried the P90X program, i remeber reading somewhere in the literature that the exercises are designed to burn approx 600cal. But i would definitely try to find a more accurate answer. :) Good luck!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    http://p90xcalories.com/
    Enter your weight etc, then add it to the system.... I did this until I got my HRM ...
    BUT It's not that accurate (compared to my HRM)

I agree with above posters... get the HRM... its pretty much a necessity.
    Until then ... use http://p90xcalories.com/ but go ahead and SUBTRACT about 200 calories from what they give you. lol just to be safe...