week one of first proper effort to lose weight!

Options
Hi there everyone

started using this on Sunday-really want to lose a bit of weight, I am at my heaviest since I was 19! I weigh 10st 10lb, and 5ft 2in tall. I am finding this very useful, and everyone seems supportive of each other here, which is really nice. I am sure all of that support is going to be needed for me, I have no willpower! Wanted to ask though, how often and when do you weigh yourselves?

Jude

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    What do you weigh?
  • katlady1
    katlady1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh once monthly but no more than twice a month.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My official 'weigh day' is Friday. But I do a Tuesday weigh in to make sure I'm on track -- but I only record the Friday weigh in on MFP.

If you haven't already taken some before photos, and also your measurements -- you should ! The scale is only one measurement of your progress, and often it is not the most accurate for describing how much your body will change with regular exercise.
    Welcome, and congrats on taking the hardest step - making a commitment to your health!
  • judilib
    judilib Posts: 2
    Options
    10 stone 10, or 150lbs..... :)
  • BarrineauGirl
    Options
    We have a lot in common. I am new to this also and I have NO WILL POWER! I have gone over my caloric intake for two days in a row. I have never been on a real diet before and this will take some time for me. I plan on weighing ONCE a week.. Mondays.
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to lose. That is a major step.

I usually weigh myself once a week. The progress charts I updated once a month when I have my weigh & measure at Curves. There are some people who weight themselves everyday - to me that is just a little too obsessive - but it may work for others.

Good luck on you journey - keep tracking, have good food & move more.

Debbie
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have an unfortunate habit of weighing every day usually more than once BUT I only log it every 2 weeks, first thing in the morning after peeing. Weighing every day more than once can give you a better idea of how much your weight can fluctuate and it will fluctuate a lot! Try not to take too much notice of it. Make sure you take note of your measurements aswell as they can change while your weight isn't.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    congrats on this step :-)
  • shellygw
    shellygw Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 350 lbs at 5 ft 5 in and age 44. I am a former athlete who struggles with depression, social anxiety/phobia, and low self-esteem (even in my prime). I am now taking meds to help the mental. I have tried dieting before but was so overwhelmed with the do's, don'ts, and differing stories on what works and doesn't I'd find on the interent. Add to that little willpower and here I am. I found this site thru my new iphone and started using it on Monday. For the first time in 20+ years I feel like I am in control. I love the tangible tracking of my habits and my progress. I don't know why this is different and I do know that it will be a long road with lots of struggles, but for the first time in a long time, I am viewing dieting in a positive manner and can see myself succeeding.