Gaining weight while doing cardio and set calorie intake?

Options
Hi all! I have started my journey to "true fitness" three weeks ago. With hopes to drop my extra pounds . II am 5' 7" and was at 150 when I started three weeks ago. My goal weight is 135. I have been runnin between 3-5 miles Aday 5 days a week. I have also had a love for running and every excited to be back in the game!!i have also being eating my set calorie intake of 1200 given by MFP. My food intake included that of mostly lean meat, freshed vegs, fruits and good proteins.I have been making sure I attempt to recover all my cardio calories burned as well. The problem now is I am gaining weight. I'm now at 158.. Very discouraging and frustrating! What am I doing wrong has anyone else experience this?! Any suggestions are Greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I have been making sure I attempt to recover all my cardio calories burned as well.
    So how much have you been eating in total ?
  • Mwacker11
    Options
    Depends on the day and how much I burn. I always meet my 1200 calorie goal and my burned calories vary from 300-600. So anywhere between 1500-1800 is my required by MFP on those cardio days. I usually average 1500 on my cardio days. It's hard for me to make these consumptions:/
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day and how much I burn. I always meet my 1200 calorie goal and my burned calories vary from 300-600. So anywhere between 1500-1800 is my required by MFP on those cardio days. I usually average 1500 on my cardio days. It's hard for me to make these consumptions:/
    Try eating half of the extra, in case it's overestimated - so add 150 when you do 300, or 300 when you do 600. Try that for at least 2 weeks.

You could also consider eating 1400 every day, working on a weekly average rather than changing your eating habits with exercise.
  • todonn
    todonn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. Eat more, Run less, Lift some weights.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    You are not eating enough. Eat more, Run less, Lift some weights.

I disagree with part of this post. Perhaps you should lessen up on the cardio and get in some weight training, but I think you are eating enough.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If you take a good scroll through the forums, you'll find about 10 different threads on here in the first five pages that are asking the same thing. You'll find plenty of answers in them.
  • Cgrnlaw
    Cgrnlaw Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree with ^^^, you need more calories.