Confused!!! Advice needed, Please.

Options
Hello all, I'm just getting more involved with MFP, and am confused about the exercise and gaining calories to eat. I need to lose about 50 pounds do I have to eat my calories that I gained through exercise.

Replies

• katieannd
    katieannd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It just means that you have more calories to work with - you don't HAVE to eat them, it just gives you a little more wiggle room because you did exercise :)
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ive seen a lot on the forums that ppl really recommend eating back your exercise cals- i usually do most days
  • darlene67
    Options
    I know it is confusing. Seems you workout to loose the calories and then ya eat them up again. Don't make sense to me. I learn a lot off the Biggest Loser so some I understand better. I am new here so I hope to learn a lot from all you MFP's
    Darlene
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    In my opinion only, I don't like the Biggest Loser.......it gives average people high hopes in loosing large amount of weight in a short amount of time. What normal person exercises 8 hours a day? They probably have chefs for their food.

I eat back some of my exercise calories, if i don't i will not loose.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    You should read all the permanent posts at the top of the General Diet and Weight Loss Help forum. A lot of your questions will be answered in those posts. :flowerforyou: