LADIES: How long does it take...

Options
To lose weight in the breast area? I want to lose in my belly, legs, and a little in the arms, but what I'm secretly looking forward to is smaller breasts, does this actually happen with general weight loss? What was your size drop [if any]? Did they change shape? Are they more perky? Do your bras now actually provide support?

I can't seem to find a decent bra to keep these puppies up, I have a D and a C, the D is too big in the cups, the C is too small in the cups, any adivce for that? I had a DD once, that was decent, but very uncomfortable because it squished my breasts together. I'm looking forward to hopefully going down some in the breast area so they don't look sloppy.

How long until you noticed a breast size change?

Replies

• om3guz
    om3guz Posts: 48
    Options
    This is probably the first place I noticed any change! After about two months of MFP, my bras were noticeably too big. I don't know what size I should wear and I know my size has changed. I started off at a 36B. I usually wear a snug tank top as an undershirt so my bra line (formerly unnoticeable!) doesn't show. Bras are expensive, so I am waiting until I lose the last 10 (or so) pounds before I buy new bras.
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Not long unfortunately, mine are fast disappearing :(
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew! Ive lost 17lbs so far and I swear they are getting bigger. :-/
  • kickers19
    kickers19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The first place I noticed getting smaller was my breasts. Since March, I've went from a C to a B..
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    It is totally individual. Some people lose there, others don't. I've lost 68 pounds.. but my cup size hasn't changed at all. The band certainly has though, so I've had to buy new bras. Not sure what to tell you about the perky aspect.. I haven't noticed any huge changes with that. You may want to go and get properly fitted for a bra. Not even a department store- but an actual lingerie boutique. If they carry European styles (and these are the best), be prepared for a shock - they use different cup sizes.
    I'm usually a D/DD in North American bras, but in my new ones - I am an F/G. Completely freaked me out - but they are amazing, so comfortable and last forever. Of course they are considerably more expensive also.
    Good luck!
  • babesintow
    Options
    Didn't notice a change until I got down to my last 15-20 pounds... I think it might more to do with your overall body fat percentage and genetics. Once I started seeing my rib cage and collarbone it seemed like I blinked and mine shrank. I can't be sure how much I lost because I couldn't find a bra to fit but luckily I can now. I am only a 34 band so finding anything above a DD/F is difficult in my area at least...??? I think I may have lost somewhere between 1-2 cup sizes...and they may not be as perky as they were when I was younger but they look better to me.

Advice for bras in general... if you are having issues finding one to fit. Make sure your band size is correct, when trying on a new bra you should have it on the largest/loosest set of hooks and it should still provide support, because as you wear them they will stretch. The band should do 90 % of the work not the straps. Cup size will vary based on style so you can wear different sizes based on just the style alone. Most women do not wear the correct band size...many women wear a band size that is too large...and this will and can change several times in our lives. I would not replace too many of your bras unless you are very close to your finished goal weight. If you have a lot to lose you may change size a few times. So try different styles and expect that you may not wear the same size in each one...I certainly don't.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Blah...every time I lose weight I go up a cup size. Its annoying.
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I think i lost over 21lbs before any came of my breasts, they have now finally gone down by 1 cup size, so from a 32E to a 32DD, hopefully when i shift that last 5lbs it will bring me down to a 32C or smaller. As for the perkiness, i think gravity must love me as i seem to have extra around my chest area but am hoping that if i keep up doing some exercises then this will help keep them where they are so i dont trip over them.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    For me, I lose in my upper body faster than my lower so my top is smaller. I am sure its genetic...I have always had a larger hips and butt than chest.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    For me, I lose in my upper body faster than my lower so my top is smaller. I am sure its genetic...I have always had a larger hips and butt than chest.

This
  • healthtenderfoot
    Options
    Thank you for all the input ladies! I have gone in to Victoria's Secret a few different times for sizing and each time it's a different size, and then I still try on what feels like every bra style and size in the store. Sigh. I usually leave with one that does the best, but does not get the job done. I find it extremly frustrating so I put off going in for new bras. I've recently tried measuring myself, standing up and then bending over, the results are close to the same, but the formula really confuses me on how to figure out the actual size. I usually end up wearing my bands on the tightest spot so it stops slipping all over my back, but by the end of the day I am sore. I take the bra off as soon as I walk through the door.
    Hearing that a few of you haven't lost weight or actually gained it in the breast area is a little scary, I really hope mine go down a size or two.

Does anyone else have that extra little flub right under each breast, but not in the stomach? I can't figure out what this little flub is, it sits right over my rib cage. ick..
  • bridgeto1984
    Options
    It is totally individual. Some people lose there, others don't. I've lost 68 pounds.. but my cup size hasn't changed at all. The band certainly has though, so I've had to buy new bras. Not sure what to tell you about the perky aspect.. I haven't noticed any huge changes with that. You may want to go and get properly fitted for a bra. Not even a department store- but an actual lingerie boutique. If they carry European styles (and these are the best), be prepared for a shock - they use different cup sizes.
    I'm usually a D/DD in North American bras, but in my new ones - I am an F/G. Completely freaked me out - but they are amazing, so comfortable and last forever. Of course they are considerably more expensive also.
    Good luck!
    This is definitely the best advice there is. I have lost over 40 lbs on my own since my heaviest and the most recent bra I purchased was a 34G. I used to wear a 36FF when I was at my heaviest. It is incredibly individual but there are things you can do to manipulate where you lose. Most cardio will work your legs as an added benefit. But if you do a full body cardio workout, such as boxing, you are using your arms and upper body more. This can help to shrink the "girls".

You definitely should get in to a local lingerie shop and be properly fitted. They can find you a cup size that doesn't gape or overflow and it is extrememly important to your overall breast health to have underwires (if you prefer them) sitting in the correct place. The proper bra can also help with your perkiness worries as one main offender for "sagging" bustlines is the wrong sized back. Good luck!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Blah...every time I lose weight I go up a cup size. Its annoying.
    same here
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the input ladies! I have gone in to Victoria's Secret a few different times for sizing and each time it's a different size, and then I still try on what feels like every bra style and size in the store. Sigh. I usually leave with one that does the best, but does not get the job done. I find it extremly frustrating so I put off going in for new bras. I've recently tried measuring myself, standing up and then bending over, the results are close to the same, but the formula really confuses me on how to figure out the actual size. I usually end up wearing my bands on the tightest spot so it stops slipping all over my back, but by the end of the day I am sore. I take the bra off as soon as I walk through the door.
    Hearing that a few of you haven't lost weight or actually gained it in the breast area is a little scary, I really hope mine go down a size or two.

Does anyone else have that extra little flub right under each breast, but not in the stomach? I can't figure out what this little flub is, it sits right over my rib cage. ick..

Sounds like the bra is not fitting properly--either the shape of the cup is not correct for the shape of you, or the band is too tight. The breast should be completely in the cup. The middle of the bra should rest completely flat on your chest between your girls.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I've heard many ladies on here say they didn't lose their girls. However, for me - that is the first place I lose and the last place I gain. So - when I lost weight this time, my girls went bye bye fairly quickly. My upper body will lose quicker, so that was the first place I notice my weight loss. by the time I get my hips/butt to where I want them to be, I'm scared to think what my chest and shoulders will look like. :ohwell:

Just general weigh loss may have a good impact on the size of your bust. Adding Pec/arm/shoulder strength training will also make them shrink up some.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    For me, the breasts go first. Then, luckily, the tummy. The giant thighs seem to want to go last. It really all depends on the person.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight in my breasts. Mainly on the sides but I notice some in the front too and a bit of loose skin on them. I have a problem with bras. If I go to a plus size store (Catherines) 48DD is too big (the cup too big) and if I go to walmart and pick up a cheapie bra 48DD makes my boobs feel like they are squished and can't breathe! There has to be a happy medium somewhere and I think all sizes should be universal so it's not so confusing.

Sorry END RANT :grumble:
  • babesintow
    Options

Don't like Victoria secrets... I have had better luck with Frederick 's. If the band is too tight try a bra extender if you can't loosen them up anymore. I have a set of them and use them for a few weeks and then the bra tends to stretch a bit and then I put them back in the drawer. If the band isn't tight enough the straps dig in to my shoulders sometimes there is no easy answer. Hopefully once you reach your go weight you will be able to find something to fit.
    And I never used to lose weight up top either so this was a surprise that I did but it could be age? Because I certainly have taken on a different shape...I used to hold onto weight differently
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    This is what I've encountered after talking to tons of ladies who are either losing weight or have already lost it.

If you have a naturally big bust (as in, your chest is large when you're thin), your chest is generally the last place you see change.

If you have a naturally small bust (you generally have an A, B, or very small C size chest), your chest is generally the first area you see change.

This isn't a set rule, and it certainly doesn't apply to everyone, but this is just the general consensus I've found.

I, for example, am a natural D. So as I lost weight my band size went down, but my cup size stayed the same. So my chest technically got smaller, but it was definately the last to go.

My mother, however, is a natural A. As she lost weight, she was back down to an A cup (she had gotten up to a C) before she had lost any inches in her hips or waist.