HEALTHY FAST FOOD

Options
Any ideas for healthy options at fast food that are particularly filling/tasty?

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I always get a grilled chicken sandwich. No mayo, no cheese.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Can't really go wrong with a salad. I really like Jasons Deli :)
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    This has nothing to do with recent news reports, but Men's Health Magazine rated Chick-Fil-A the healthiest fast food chain. No food item on the menu is over 600 calories, if I remember the article correctly....
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    If I have no other choice, I get a salad with whatever the grilled chicken choice is without any of the added packets of honey roasted this or deep fried that and only half of the dressing they offer.
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    The title is an oxymoron haha!
  • amysuespears
    Options
    calling fast food "healthy" is kind of like calling cancer "a mild irritation"... it just doesn't work that way. sorry. :(
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    I tried the new cantina bowl at taco bell this weekend and it was really good. I also like the Mediterranean sandwich at potbelly.
  • rumandreason
    rumandreason Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Falafel and houmous wraps :)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've heard the "al fresco" menu at taco bell is ok, not the healthiest, but better choices than the rest of the menu. I've looked up places like Wendy's and McDs and found the chicken to have less calories...grilled chicken that is. If I have to go to Wendy's I usually get 5 pc nugget and a side salad. It even out around 400 cals.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwich dry or with mustard, you can always ask for an extra chicken breast on your sandwich as well and skip any fries

salads with grilled meat and light dressing

grilled/baked chicken instead of fried

Wendy's chili (shocker here)

Subway (watch the bread though)

there's a quick list.
  • liamsgma711
    liamsgma711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's Unwhich. I would check on their website for the calories. You can customize your order before you go and know what to add or delete off of it.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    calling fast food "healthy" is kind of like calling cancer "a mild irritation"... it just doesn't work that way. sorry. :(

Believe it or not, there are healthier choices at fast food restaurants, you just have to know what to look for/how to order them.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My go-to fast food is the chargrilled chicken sandwich at chick fil a, with a cup of fruit instead of fries. It's filling for me but DH says its not enough for him. It's less than 400 calories. The sodium is really high, though.

I also like Salsarita's. Get a taco salad minus the shell, get chicken, load up on veggies, then get guacamole, no dressing, no cheese. Again, sodium is the only issue.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    When I just can't avoid fast food, I usually opt for chili and a baked potato from Wendy's or Chick-fil-A chargrilled chicken salad with my own dressing. Most other fast food meat is just nasty.
  • mjpisat
    mjpisat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Look at the calories in chick fil a's food. Not bad at all. I get the following:

original chicken sandwich with a side salad/light italian dressing. No croutons. Coke Zero.

8 or 12 piece nugget with a side salad/light italian dressing. No croutons. Coke Zero.

grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad/light italian dressing. No croutons. Coke Zero.

I put these in order from most to least calories. All of these meals are under 550 calories.
  • mjpisat
    mjpisat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I forgot one.

Chipotle chicken bowl. fajita veggies, only a little bit of black beans, salsa, lettuce. Get a side of Guacamole and eat about half of it.

No cheese, no sour cream. Make sure you get the bowl. less than 500 calories if you do it like above.
  • longhaul64
    longhaul64 Posts: 124
    Options
    Chipotle Burrito bowl...... just go easy on the rice.
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I usually get grilled chicken, w/no cheese. Or just a kids meal.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    This is region specific but in the Boston area, b.good is actually really good. I get the Cousin Oliver Turkey burger and I split the sweet potato fries. Total calories = 537
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Pita Pit hummus or baba ganoush whole grain wraps loaded with veggies. Just over 300 calories and very filling.