Something Crunchy?

Options
When I make my salads I love crumbling up just a teeny bit of ramen noodles into it. Not so much for the taste but just for that crunchiness.

My co-workers think Im weird. :ohwell:

I was curious if anyone had any other suggestions that are low cal or (hopefully) no cal... it's really hard to log the calories for the ramen because it's just a little bit...

Replies

• opatt23
    opatt23 Posts: 90
    Options
    When I make my salads I love crumbling up just a teeny bit of ramen noodles into it. Not so much for the taste but just for that crunchiness.

My co-workers think Im weird. :ohwell:

I was curious if anyone had any other suggestions that are low cal or (hopefully) no cal... it's really hard to log the calories for the ramen because it's just a little bit...
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    This is odd too..lol but cereal. I used to put captain crunch in macaroni salad I called it sweet croutons lol. Maybe rice crispies would would? low cal!
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    you could do almond slices or some kind of nut. They have crunch and the bonus of healthy fats.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I like the crunchiness, too. Sometimes I add goldish crackers, or broken pretzels, or slivered almonds (not so low cal), or even just croutons. How about baked tortilla chips?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Celery is extremely crunchy!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I agree nuts add crunch as well as healthy fats so sprinkle and munch...I like it too!!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I like sunflower seeds in mine...
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    break up a couple of multigrain tortilla chips.
    today I had
    romaine, chicken breast chunks, craisins, goat cheese, walnuts and lite poppyseed dressing. yum, yum!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    jenbar that sounds delicious!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    jenbar that sounds delicious!

yes it was!
    try it! mmmmmm
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    I found a great mix called Salad Toppins by McCormick. It's a mixture of sunflower seeds, bacon bits, croutons (I think) and some other things. Great variety, very crunchy, and LOW CAL! You should be able to find it in the herbs and spices section at your grocer's. If it's not there, check by your salad dressings, usually they have salad toppings right there (croutons, almonds, etc.). I definitely recommend it!
    I also like those little crispy noodles you can find in the Asian foods section. Usually in the rice/noodles isle. They look like little worms, but they are awesome.
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Haha, I just posted to someone else on this. I put Grape Nuts in my yogurt. Sweet, plus crunchy!