Hello everyone!

josami
josami Posts: 1 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone!

My name is Shirley and I just joined today. I had my second baby 6 weeks ago and I am now ready to start taking off the weight. I did weight watchers along with exercise after my first baby and lost 40 pounds, but this time around it's going to be tougher as I no longer have as much time to dedicate to exercise! This site is great so far and it seems like an easy program to follow.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Shirley

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Shirley and I just joined today. I had my second baby 6 weeks ago and I am now ready to start taking off the weight. I did weight watchers along with exercise after my first baby and lost 40 pounds, but this time around it's going to be tougher as I no longer have as much time to dedicate to exercise! This site is great so far and it seems like an easy program to follow.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Shirley

Hi Shirley, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations on your second baby! :flowerforyou: ME, I thought ONE was MORE than enough! :laugh:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "recent forum topics", and "view all", then "general diet", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    Hi! Welcome! This is an awesome site to get healthy on!
  • Good Morning everyone,

My name is Darcy and I'm 27years old, wight has always been an issue for me and I have finally decided to take control of it. I have tried diets in the past but always lied and cheated while on them. This time around it feels different for the past 2weeks I have looked forward to treadmill and wii fit time. I also find it is easy to turn things down that are not so good to eat. I was using a thing on webmd to track my exercise and food intake but my mom gave me this link to check out figured I would give it a try.

I gave birth to my first child in Nov of 2008 and while pregnant I had lost weight and right after child birth I lost 17lbs however Ive put it all back on and have recently been diagnosed with diabetes and am scared to death of the need to use insulin again. ( I had diabetes during my pregnancy and needed insulin twice a day)
  • Hello! I'm also new! I have some really big life changing things coming up this year and I would like to have them happen to me in a smaller pair of jeans. I will graduate from college and completely change my profession. I have been a secretary and sat at a desk all day for the last 16 years of my life. Now I am getting my degree in something that will never have me sitting down at a desk. I get winded just walking up the steps... so I really need to make some changes in order to succeed. I will also complete a government program that help me purchase my first home. I have lived in low-income housing for many many years and I'm more than ready to get of these apartments! It's not a good neighborhood and it's not safe to be here any longer. In the next 6 months I forsee going from well below poverty level and an extremely sedentary lifestyle to a decent income and a more active lifestyle. I've put off losing weight for years and I'm running out of time. I have a set time limit now and I think I need that to motivate myself.
    I read the tips on the other posts and they are great! I plan on implementing them immediately! Water is a big hang-up for me. I don't drink it. And I also have a problem with meals. I don't want to make separate meals for myself and my children. And my children do not need low calorie low fat meals. My poor daughter is so tiny... she needs a little meat on her bones! They're great about eating their veggies and things like that though, so I'm hoping to use that in my strategy.
    Good luck to all in your successful weight loss and exercise programs!
This discussion has been closed.