Quick ways to GAIN a pound:

Options
I’m posting this because after writing down my calories for a few days, I realize how calories can sneak up on you! So to raise awareness of these sneakers, what items can you think of that will gain a person a pound (over a meal, a day, a week)?
For example: If 3500 calories is an approximate pound,

A Double Burger (1500 calories)
A Large chocolate ice cream shake (1230 calories)
And a large order of French fries (758 calories)

11 pints of dark beer (300 calories each)

7 big-gulps of soda (44 oz)

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I’m posting this because after writing down my calories for a few days, I realize how calories can sneak up on you! So to raise awareness of these sneakers, what items can you think of that will gain a person a pound (over a meal, a day, a week)?

Don't forget it's 3500 cals over your TDEE
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Other effective methods:

Loading dose of creatine monohydrate (20g in 4 doses over a day)

Eating 5000mg of sodium and not drinking much water before bed

going low carb for a week then having pasta right before bed
  • Candy_monster
    Options
    A double burger would be 1500?? that would have to be one HUGE burger :P
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options

11 pints of dark beer, you say. [taking notes for bulking phase]
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    According to some people on this site all it takes is one can of Diet Coke. Cuz Dr. Oz said so..
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    14 12oz glasses of wine (not even the desert kind!)
    2 a day is SO easy!

7 12oz blended margaritas

Then again, I think MFP is an alcoholism cure. I have cut WAY back since I started tracking. No alcohol at all on weekdays, and less on the weekends. I only sometimes miss my evening glass of wine
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Have some salt. You'll retain enough water to gain more than a pound in a day, guaranteed.

If you mean a pound of FAT, then yes, focus on calories. You could eat a few extra burgers in a day, and theoretically, that would put on a pound of fat. (Theoretically, of course, since each person's TDEE is totally different.)

If you just mean a pound and it doesn't matter how it got there, just eat some really salty stuff, and then watch as your body retains all the water you drink to dilute it.
  • pobski
    pobski Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    According to some people on this site all it takes is one can of Diet Coke. Cuz Dr. Oz said so..

I thought it was CUZ STONE COLD SAID SO

i eat ice cream CUZ COLD STONE SAID SO
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

HAH! That is so funny..... Don't forget the sugar! That is the real reason people get fat not the fact they are over their TDEE every day by 2000 calories!
  • PandaDreamerGurl
    Options

I thought it was CUZ STONE COLD SAID SO

i eat ice cream CUZ COLD STONE SAID SO

I see what you did there. :laugh:
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    - Biscuits. (A lot of of over eaters can eat 1/2 a packet or a whole packet in one go).
    - Crisps (So easy to eat like 3 packets in one go).
    - Not understanding portion control (Having 2-3 cups of rice instead of one).
    - Butter (**** me this **** is like the calorie devils blood).
    - Cheese (I could easily put like 1/4 block of cheese in omelette).
    - Peanut butter(****s like creamy liquid crack and I could easily put 2 tablespoons of this **** on a piece of BUTTERED toast).
    - "Forgetting you've eaten" Oh yeah I've only had a chicken salad today (but I've forgot about the lard enriched chocolate bars, 3 packets of dried fruit and pork scratchings). Therefore I've been good today and I'll have a large fish and chips :/

Sorry for rambling but this is everything I've done as a binge eater and general overeater.
  • Candy_monster
    Options
    - Biscuits. (A lot of of over eaters can eat 1/2 a packet or a whole packet in one go).
    - Crisps (So easy to eat like 3 packets in one go).
    - Not understanding portion control (Having 2-3 cups of rice instead of one).
    - Butter (**** me this **** is like the calorie devils blood).
    - Cheese (I could easily put like 1/4 block of cheese in omelette).
    - Peanut butter(****s like creamy liquid crack and I could easily put 2 tablespoons of this **** on a piece of BUTTERED toast).
    - "Forgetting you've eaten" Oh yeah I've only had a chicken salad today (but I've forgot about the lard enriched chocolate bars, 3 packets of dried fruit and pork scratchings). Therefore I've been good today and I'll have a large fish and chips :/

Sorry for rambling but this is everything I've done as a binge eater and general overeater.

Your post reminds me of good times *sigh*
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Your post reminds me of good times *sigh*

Well binging was fun for the short time that it lasted(it was basically like crack + heroin but much cheaper), although afterwards I felt depressed, guilty, suicidal and repeatedly tried purging(which luckily failed every damn time). So yeah fun times lol.
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    A double burger would be 1500?? that would have to be one HUGE burger :P

Double six dollar burger from Carl's jr to be exact ;) that's what a random calorie website said anyway...
  • happythermia
    Options
    LOL you forgot "hanging out with happythermia!"
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 sausage and egg mcmuffins

Lunch: Mondo steak burrito with sour cream and guac

Dinner: 8x8 dish of tater tot casserole with sour cream on the side.

Wash it all down with: a quad venti mocha with whip in the morning and a six pack of Red Hook Wit in the evening.

yes, i have done this.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    A couple slices of that cake someone posted about a few days ago.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    eat an entire jar of peanut butter with pretzels.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    A couple slices of that cake someone posted about a few days ago.

I remember said cake. All in all so many types of desserts in one cake shouldn't, in my opinion, be consumed together in each bite. Chocolate chip cookie + oreo+ brownie..together is gross now that I think about it.

Separated by 1 minute intervals... yesss. lol
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    eat an entire jar of peanut butter with pretzels.

or better yet with oreos