Which foods fill you up most?

Options
Just curious what foods others like to eat to prevent overeating the high calorie/low nutrittion foods.

Replies

• WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When im with my boyfriend and have mone y i tend to pick the most unhealthiest greasiest thing i can find which is BAD
    so ive came across something slightly better
    i ussually get a chicken salad on wheat bread. so far thats been my most favorite to snack on it doesnt look like itll fill u up but it does justice Lol
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oats one minute oatmeal and blueberries fills me up for quite a few hours. I pretty much have that for every breakfast.
    I find that chicken fills me up too, better than most things, so I almost always have sliced chicken in 35 calorie light oatmeal bread for lunch.
    I used to eat Fiber One bars, since they are sooooooo good and VERY filling, but, my body NEVER got used to them, and the gas later on was killing both me AND my hubby, so I had to stop! :laugh:
  • jilly280
    jilly280 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would drink something hot like tea and that can fill me up for about 2 hours and sometimes I have cold cuts with out the bread and that fills me up for about 3 hours.
  • muneca3216
    Options
    Hi all,

I put myself on air popped pop-corn. I went out and bought an air popper at Kohl's and got hooked! I spray some I Can't Believe it's Not Butter on it and sprinkle a bit of salt to spice it up. It keeps me going... Good luck!
  • melissahager
    Options
    Combination of a dairy and a fruit is best for me. I love the Sargento light cheese sticks that are made with 2% milk. And I love the Yo Crunch 100 calorie yogurt. There is a cheesecake flavor with graham cracker topping that is fabulous!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter! It's not exactly low cal, but if you are really hungry, it can tide you over until your next meal. I just eat a tablespoon along with some fruit or something and I feel full. Yum! Peanut Butter & Co. is the best!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Ground beef and beans fill me up. Protein and fiber. Tuna with spinach or celery or lentils fills me up too. Ditto on peanut butter and popcorn.
  • meferretti
    meferretti Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Foods that I will choose the hungrier I am:

Baked potato
    adding veggies to my meals (including lean cusines)
    Eating fruit for dessert (bananas fill me up more than most)
    Eating almost any protein like chicken, fish or lean beef. Fish has the least calories so you can eat more of that than chicken or beef. Chicken would be next. If I need protein but am not that hungry, I will eat eggs.

Milk will also fill you up but keep it low fat or fat free.

Drink lots and lots of water.

Hope this helps:)
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I find a lean protein and a complex carb to fill me up and keep me full til my next meal around 2.5 - 3hrs..

Lean proteins I usually eat are chicken, turkey, bison burgers or beef.. Also any fish ... and this is not lean but it's a protein, my protein powder with oats..

Complex Carbs take longer to digest so these are some of the thing's I eat:

Spinach
    Grapefruit
    Lettuce
    Asparagus
    Wild rice
    Brown rice
    Yams
    Celery
    Multi-grain bread
    Cucumbers
    Low fat yogurt