Anyone have any good wraps

Options
I am the shopper in the family and its hard to go into the store and not grab the box dinner or the fozen stuff. I decided to try wraps and found this great flat out bread that 90 cal. I went with turkey, cheese, lettace, tomato and mix the lettace and tomato with 2 teaspoons of the fat free ranch to add flavor. Hello all that under 300 calories. Now I would like to try some other low calorie wraps but am very picky eater. Anyone have any good wraps that arent going to kill me in the calorie range. I love this flat out bread so i will use that but what else can i put in a wrap. give me some ideas so whe i go back to the store i have a list. If i dont make myself a list I tend to grab whatever and then fall off my wagon. Thanks

Replies

• Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love turkey. avocado, roasted peppers and spinach on a wrap. I'm not sure how many calories that is off hand but it's so good! I usually use the Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Tortillas, theyre a little more calories, but it's so filling Iusually only eat half of it at a time anyway.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You can put ANYTHING in a wrap. I use Ole brand high fiber low carb wraps. They are actually really good (they have plain, spinach, and sundried tomato flavors). I stuff them with Boarshead low sodium roast chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, carrots, and avocado (its a "good" fat and doesnt have the sodium that fat free ranch or other condiments may have. But like I said, you can put anything in them. You can also cut them into wedges, spray them with cooking spray, and toast them in the oven. Eat them like chips...yummy.
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    I use rotisserie chicken from the store, then add spinach, tomatos, reduced fat feta, black olives, and balsamic vinegar!Delish
    Then i do the same chicken, low fat cheddar, and salsa and heat it like a burrito!
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    I love the Safeway eating right whole grain wraps. I usually load up with veggies and some protein. My favourite is just a simple egg salad with peppers, baby spinach and red onion. And I too, toast them in the oven, cut them into triangles and have with hummus. You can also make mini ''pizzas'' with them instead of using real pizza dough. I top with spinach, tomotoes, olive oil, goat cheese (or any kind of cheese you want) and put it in the oven for about 10 minutes....yummy!!
  • Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    Options
    I just bought those wraps at the commisary and I luv them !! I actually made my lil concoction of tuna, banana peppers, cucumbers, spinach leaves, and a lil Miracle Whip. Mmm .. they were so yummy to my tummy !!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wrap

La torilla high fiber wraps (13 gms fiber), roasted chicken, lettuce, tomato, low-fat cheese, light ranch and hot wing sauce...I am eating one today
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Those flat-out flat wraps are the best find ever. We like to use plain old deli turkey or ham, any veggies we have and broccoli slaw. Then any light salad dressing, I like Italian cause it has a lot of flavor for a little bit of it. The broccoli slaw is really good filler, just something a little different than the lettuce.
    I've also used them for pizza crust and they're very good.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    flat out bread is awesome! i stuff them with anything i have. usually a kind of leftover chicken or turkey from yesterday's dinner or avacado, and any veggies. to add flavor, i use salsa as a sauce and a little black pepper. lots of flavor, barely any calories.
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I use hummus to spread on the wraps before filling them with meat. cheese, veggies, etc...it replaces mayo or dressing and has the "good fat" and not as many calories...
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    My favorite are Joseph's Oat Bran and Whole Wheat wraps. Only 70 calories, high in fiber, low in carbs... they're awesome! :love:
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i do crumbled feta, half a (mini) tuna can, deli mustard, tsp of creamy horseradish, thin carrot sticks, couple slices of red or yellow bell peppers, soybean sprouts and a sprinkling of lemon juice.
  • Slim34
    Options
    I'm really gonna have to try that HUMMUS stuff .. I have looked at it but always put it back. What exactly does it taste like? There are many different flavors too. Any suggestions ??
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    I suggest just getting a small container to try :). It's just chickpeas mixed with oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic (that's the basic recipe) but yes, there are so many different kinds. You can get them mixed with roasted red peppers, or a spicy mix with cayenne, etc. If you like eating beans, you shouldn't have too much of a problem with hummus! ;)
  • Portcitymatt
    Options
    just made some awesome ones tonight. you can make a wrap out of it or quesadillas out of them here you go:

4oz skinless boneless chicken breast
    2 oz. fresh spinach leaves
    6 oz. black beans (drained)
    1 flour tortilla
    1/4 cup mexican shredded cheese
    2 tbs. hot sauce (we use cayenne pepper sauce)
    2 tbs. plain greek yogurt
    2 oz feta cheese

cut your chicken up, and cook till brown. throw in your spinach, black beans, when spinach cooks down add your feta cheese

take your tortilla, fill it, add few shakes of cayenne pepper sauce, your greek yogurt and your mexican cheese, and roll it into your wrap, or if you want quesadillas just fold it over, pop in the oven and toast for a few minutes at 350.
  • Portcitymatt
    Options
    hummus is awesome. we love the garlic lovers hummus or the red pepper hummus
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    my favorite: whole grain tortilla, turkey, broccoli slaw, romaine lettuce, avacado, and raw red peppers. All that with a side of baby carrots is only 220 calories and better yet: 204 under Vitamin C, 16 under protien, 14 under fiber, and 22 under iron. Now that's nutrition!!
  • Slim34
    Options
    my favorite: whole grain tortilla, turkey, broccoli slaw, romaine lettuce, avacado, and raw red peppers. All that with a side of baby carrots is only 220 calories and better yet: 204 under Vitamin C, 16 under protien, 14 under fiber, and 22 under iron. Now that's nutrition!!

Is there any "hummus" on this wrap ??
  • Slim34
    Options
    just made some awesome ones tonight. you can make a wrap out of it or quesadillas out of them here you go:

4oz skinless boneless chicken breast
    2 oz. fresh spinach leaves
    6 oz. black beans (drained)
    1 flour tortilla
    1/4 cup mexican shredded cheese
    2 tbs. hot sauce (we use cayenne pepper sauce)
    2 tbs. plain greek yogurt
    2 oz feta cheese

cut your chicken up, and cook till brown. throw in your spinach, black beans, when spinach cooks down add your feta cheese

take your tortilla, fill it, add few shakes of cayenne pepper sauce, your greek yogurt and your mexican cheese, and roll it into your wrap, or if you want quesadillas just fold it over, pop in the oven and toast for a few minutes at 350.

SwEeT .. !!

Deff gonna try this ... thanks will let uno how it turns out ; )
  • tanzmitpalmer
    tanzmitpalmer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind it looking more like a soft taco than a wrap sandwich, I made some pretty light and delicious tilapia wraps the other night. They came in at 170 cal each (340 for two).

4oz tilapia, frozen
    1tsp seasoning of choice (I used a spicy tuscan blend, but I imagine a garlic blend would be fantastic too)
    1 oz romaine lettuce
    1 tbsp light caesar dressing
    2 fajita-size flour tortilla

Preheat oven to 425. Take one frozen tilapia fillet, and sprinkle seasoning on top. Bake from frozen for 18 minutes. Remove from oven, and cut fillet lengthwise in half. Stuff tortilla 0.5oz romaine and halved tilapia fillet, and drizzle with 1/2tbsp dressing. Repeat for second tortilla. Nom and love it.

If one is hellbent on a proper wrap sandwich, you could cram all the ingredients into one standard wrap (or burrito size tortilla). Better for portability, anyway. I'd just keep that sucker superchilled if you're wanting to pack it for lunch.
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is a wrap with salsa and some shredded cheese.. You can also add a veggie burger crumbled. Lay out and eat like a pizza. You can also roll it up. Try some spinach, feta, olives and a little sauce.