sushi bar

Options
Hi guys what is a healthy for me At the sushi bar.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I know what is not healthy - avoid anything fried or w/cream cheese. Hard to go wrong at the sushi bar though. Rice, fish & veggies = yum! Have some edamame too!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Avoid anything battered/ deep fired, and alos anything that looks like it's got a lot of mayo in it. Best bet is sashimi - raw fish.
  • anunley1
    anunley1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do you like fresh fish? The rainbow roll is awesome! Different varieties of fresh fish with avacado. Try with brown rice!!
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, no tempura (fried) or rolls with cream cheese or mayo in them. Edamame is excellent, miso soup is very healthy and even the salad is fine but the japanese dressing contains a lot of sugar and might be higher in calories. If you have a choice between soup or salad with your meal, I'd go with the soup as it's lower in calories- just my opinion though.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Yes,I love fresh fish!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    The amount of mayo in some things, like spicy tuna, is pretty minimal so I wouldn't make a huge deal about that if you want a piece. I don't eat the tempura rolls because they are gross to me after eating such fresh rolls. Nigiri is going to be a piece of sashimi on rice, which is not my personal taste. I prefer the veggies and the nori. I absolutely LOVE Inari. It is a tofu pouch that is lightly sweetened and stuffed with sushi rice. I usually eat that for dessert.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most of it is good for you, but items with sauces (eel roll, spicy tuna roll, etc.), cream cheese or tempura will be higher in calories than sushi with just veggies and/or fish. If they offer brown rice sushi, that will have more fiber.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I know what is not healthy - avoid anything fried or w/cream cheese. Hard to go wrong at the sushi bar though. Rice, fish & veggies = yum! Have some edamame too!

Cream cheese + sushi. This doesn't compute. Why do people create monstrosities like this.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Avoid anything battered/ deep fired, and alos anything that looks like it's got a lot of mayo in it. Best bet is sashimi - raw fish.

This. Avoid the stuff with the mayo looking sauces and the battered and fried stuff.

I typically get sashimi, and then a roll or two.
  • LINative
    LINative Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually opt for Sashimi or rolls wrapped in rice paper or seaweed rather than rice:)
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I agree....................go with the Sashimi.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Cream cheese + sushi. This doesn't compute. Why do people create monstrosities like this.

Have you ever eaten a Philadelphia roll? I thought it sounded disgusting first time I heard of it, but it is one of my favorite rolls. I can't eat a lot of them in a row though so I usually split a plate with people. The place we go to here makes theirs with salmon, cream cheese, avocado and cucumber.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    One salmon skin roll may be lower in cals/fat than you think, AND the crunch of the skin makes it seem like it's deep fried. At Yo! Sushi, one salmon skin roll is 99cals and 2g fat, and 3 salmon skin ISO is 114cals and 3g fat =)
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    zuqzib.jpg