Thursday night binges

Options
I always eat very healthy from Monday to Wednesday, and all of Thursday during the day, but for some reason on Thursday nights I get very hungry and will honestly eat everything i can get my hands on. Like i cannot stop!!!!!!! I throw everything I think about healthy eating out the window and just eat everything. We don't have much unhealthy food in my house but i will eat like three bowls of cereal, eat little toffees i find at the bottom ofthe cuboard, have a few biscuits, pick at the macaroni and cheese my family had for dinner etc. Its so frustrating because i constantly concentrate on healthy eating for the rest of the week so hard and I ruin it all by accident!! Last week this happened and I went off the track all weekend til i picked myself up again on Monday. I thought it wouldn't happen again and i'd learnt my lesson as i had put on the kilo I had lost but alas it happened again last night :( What can i do? How do i stop this?

Replies

• rubyvb
    rubyvb Posts: 8
    Options
    please help
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Do you think you're not eating enough Mon-Weds?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Self-control.
    Healthy snacks (ex: fruits, veggies & dip, etc)
    Drink water.
    Chew some gum.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Plan your week out WITH the things you crave on thurs-sun. It is all about balance.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Maybe pre-make a healthy dinner and/or snacks for yourself on Wednesday night so you have it ready to eat on Thursday night.

Schedule a big workout for yourself on Thursday nights before dinner (or sign up for a class or training sessions that meet on Thursdays) so that you're committed to exercising and won't eat out of boredom.

I find that once I exercise I don't tend to binge on unhealthy foods because I feel really good and proud of myself and I want to keep up the good momentum.
  • 512cheangela
    Options
    I always make sure there are surplus amounts of pre-washed and chopped veggies available to binge out on... especially on Thursdays. I don't know what it is either - the anticipation of the weekend or something?!?!? gah!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Thursdays are the hardest for me too, because by that point I'm starting to crave something totally horrible for me (today it's a gigantic bowl of mac and cheese). Try having a piece of dark chocolate every day, or make Thursday night/sometime Friday a time where you can have a "bad" meal - something to look forward to, and a reward for being good during the week. And yes, make sure you're getting enough calories and your body isn't wanting to binge because you're drained.
  • makenziewhicker
    makenziewhicker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Create a cheat day, something to look forward to and plan it out. Plan it out for each week and choose one meal that you want to eat but eat clean that whole day and then eat. Mind over matter as cliche as that is. Get a chocolate protein shake or some flavor you like to help with the sweet cravings. eat more fiber to keep you fuller longer. As long as you eat healthy portions of what you enjoy you shouldn't have a huge issue and that way you don't feel like you're starving yourself
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Do you think you're not eating enough Mon-Weds?

I was thinking the same thing.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Plan your week out WITH the things you crave on thurs-sun. It is all about balance.

Yep. Also - my experience with the "mad-craving" scenarios is that I've been eating too little for (usually 3-4 days) prior. Not sure what you're eating, but maybe a bit of planning for treats, combined with upping your calorie goals...
  • Destinie589
    Options
    Make a list of ways to distract yourself on Thursdays. Write in a journal maybe? Ask yourself why you want to eat everything and ask yourself what you're getting out of it. Most people don't do things unless they are getting something out of it. Figuring out what that is may help you to control it better.
  • Christophalon
    Christophalon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Unless your binge is very bad, it is unlikely that you ate a kilo of fat's worth extra. This would amount to more than 7000kcal consumed over your bodies needs. Also, cycling your eating habits is not bad and can have positive health outcomes. If you find that you need more on Thursdays for whatever reason, try to accommodate that into your plan, perhaps by allowing yourself a few hundred extra calories. If you beat yourself up about it you will make the psychological challenge harder and reinforce the negative feelings.

That being said, discipline is important too. When you find yourself feeling hungry on those days, try drinking a pint of water first. If you are still hungry after 20 minutes then eat something.
  • Dreas70
    Dreas70 Posts: 4
    Options
    yeah i like the post the person put about balancing... It makes sense, like I had ice cream after dinner tonight, i figure if I dont eat like that every single day, but I am not depriving my cravings once in a whilie too... This is my exercise day too, and I usually exercise in the evening, so maybe I can jog off the ice cream bar I ate... haha!!
  • rubyvb
    rubyvb Posts: 8
    Options
    thanks guys!! yeah i just have terrible self control!