How often should I weigh?

Options
Yesterday I started a diet and exercise plan .. I need to Know How often should I weigh? ..to see results and not disappoint....

Replies

• bonybitches
    Options
    personally, I weigh every other day. that way, i see results, but don't get discouraged if they don't come right away.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would say no more than once a week. Your weight fluctuates from day to day....even from morning to evening. Weigh once a week in the morning right after you awaken.

Some weigh every day...I do. But I don't get disappointed....I know what to expect. Others cant weigh more than once a month. Its a personal decision. And its only ONE measure of success.
  • AustinandDrakesMom
    Options
    I've always been told to weight yourself once a week at the same time and day each time. However, I have been weighing myself each morning right after I get up. This gives me an opportunity to look at what I may have done right or wrong the day before. It keeps me accountable and it helps me weed out the wrong things I may have done the day before.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I weigh about once a week and always on the same scale (every scale is different so your numbers could be way off depending on what which ones you use) and about in the same clothing. I originally thought I would weight myself once a month but I like the motivation that getting on the scale weekly brings. So do what works for you but also to remember to take all of your measurements since we all lose weight differently!
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    Once a week. Personally, I am not weighing myself for the first month. Why? Because then it will be all about numbers and I don't want to be discouraged if I don't lose as fast as I want.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Don't rush it! The scale can trick you a lot of times. Judge your progress on how your clothes fit rather than the scale. It's nice to see the scale move but you have to have patience. 1-2 pounds a week max if you want to stay healthy. I weigh every 3 days if I can stand to wait that long lol. It's easier said than done:)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If you look through the first two pages of the forum, you'll find about a thousand answers.
  • 9JANE
    9JANE Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You should weigh once a week .
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Weigh once a week, if that. Take measurements, as they are less likely to fluctuate.
  • iljyidiljhbu
    iljyidiljhbu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When you first start off I would suggest you weighing everyday expecialy if your a good bit over weight if your only 10 or 20 over once a weak is fine. The reason why is if your keeping up with what you are eating you may find certain foods hold you back or certain exercises knock the weight off faster this way you can keep up with what works and what don't however I would not log my weight every day just make a mental note. You have to make sure if you weigh every day not to get discourage when it goes up and down just make notes not to repeat what you did the day before good luck
  • xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Do it whenever you want. Some people prefer weighing only once a week as your weight fluctuates but if you are like me and not affected by the fluctuations, you can weigh everyday (thats what i was doing). I was tracking my weight everyday for the last 4 months and it was good with me because i could handle when i wouldnt lose at all or when i would lose only 1lb or 2lbs :)
  • mllowrey
    Options
    I was told you weigh yourself once a week and in the morning when you first wake up because that is your true weight.
  • Just1Kiki
    Just1Kiki Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started a diet and exercise plan .. I need to Know How often should I weigh? ..to see results and not disappoint....

Everyone is different. Some people need to know that all of their hard work everyday is paying off OR they are not slipping off so weighing daily is a motivation.
    Other people believe weight fluctates, so daily weigh ins give them anxiety so they do it once a week, same time/day/clothes (or none).

Personally, I find weighing in daily keeps me in check. When I stopped weighing in so often, I gained which is why I'm active on here (lol)
    Do what YOU feel comfortable doing! Dont be hard on yourself just re-evaluate for next time. :)
  • LiliamG
    LiliamG Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks a lottt!!! your help is really important to me!
  • celiason81
    celiason81 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Everyone is different. Some people need to know that all of their hard work everyday is paying off OR they are not slipping off so weighing daily is a motivation.
    Other people believe weight fluctates, so daily weigh ins give them anxiety so they do it once a week, same time/day/clothes (or none).

Personally, I find weighing in daily keeps me in check. When I stopped weighing in so often, I gained which is why I'm active on here (lol)
    Do what YOU feel comfortable doing! Dont be hard on yourself just re-evaluate for next time. :)
    I was weighing everyday, and my hubby encouraged me to do it only once a week, so this past week I didn't weigh myself, but I also haven't felt as motivated to work out hard and eat healthy. I realize I may lose 2 lbs one day only to gain back 1 or 2 of those the next day, I don't really let it bother me. Daily eeing lower numbers motivates me to keep working hard, and a gain just motivates me to work harder that day.
  • Mrbigt28
    Options
    it really depends how strong you are mentally. Weighing daily can be a bit discouraging. i'd personally say once a week would be sufficient. Especially after i've trained a few ladies...
  • JBV321
    JBV321 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning as soon as I wake up and after I pee lol I would suggest weighing yourself once a week but at the same day of the week and same time. Mornings are usually better because if you weigh yourself at night it wouldn't be accurate if you just had a meal an hour or two ago. Just my two cents. Good luck!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    once a week.. in the morning after you eliminate everything out of your bladder.
  • StephStepByStep
    StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every two weeks. Weighing myself every two weeks lets me see a pretty big change in my weight and gives me something to look forward to and work for.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    once a week is great.....but every hour if you are OCD.