Taco Bell

Options
Have you seen their commercial lately?? The one that shows a gal loosing weight by eating taco bell. I'm kinda pissed at this. Its going to show people that they can eat that crap and loose weight. I understand everything in moderation but my goodness. WOW. Thanks for letting me vent.

Replies

• amathus
    amathus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I can't believe they have the nerve to claim their food as good for a diet. I almost laughed the first time I saw that commercial. Their food is disgusting anyway.
  • amathus
    amathus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    BTW, wow, 52 lbs lost! Way to go!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    It's good business practice for them...to show that Taco Bell can be part of a "healthy" weight loss plan. It's not like Taco Bell Corp. is concerned about the health of its customers- they're concerned about the bottom line, and they'd be stupid not to jump on the weight loss bandwagon.
  • Eileen500
    Eileen500 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What they are talking about is eating heathly at Taco Bell - no worse than Subway or finding something else healthy at another fast food -- let's face it, fast food is part of our culture - we might as well eat health when there!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    My version of the "TacoBellDiet" is to keep on going whenever I pass a Taco Bell!!!:laugh: :laugh: :wink: :drinker:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    My version of the "TacoBellDiet" is to keep on going whenever I pass a Taco Bell!!!:laugh: :laugh: :wink: :drinker:

:laugh:
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    I have never eaten Taco Bell, so I think I'll pass on that plan, thanks! The commercials are annoying, but no more so than Jarred losing his weight eating Subway, right?
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    ugh....this kind of thing makes me upset.

Sure it might be low in calories and certainly better than ordering say a "mega nacho supreme whatever its called," but its certainly not healthy.
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    Haha, my thoughts exactly! I just saw the commercial ten minutes ago. Rediculous.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I was ranted about this on New Years Day, when I saw the same commercial during the Rose Bowl. Just a joke!
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Haha I heard the commercial and turned around to see what it was and it was TB! What a laugh... Even though when I get a chicken breast sandwhich at subway and added the cals it was like 650! Gr!!! Im sure just to stop the hunger at TB id have like 900 cals =)
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten Taco Bell, so I think I'll pass on that plan, thanks! The commercials are annoying, but no more so than Jarred losing his weight eating Subway, right?

I agree with that one!!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm the odd ball here, I LOVE taco bell's light menu. I'm in love with their fresco ranchero soft taco and it's really low in cal and fat. Haven't looked at the sodium though. I don't think it should be used as a weight loss plan, but when I'm hungry and have a large dinner planned I get a soft taco from there. If you check out their web site, they have a spokes person like Subway did. This lady lost a bunch of weight while eating taco bell, I don't think she was eating just taco bell but that's their marketing thing. It is sad for people who don't know how to lose weight the right way, they would believe that taco bell is healthy.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a joke when someone told me about it. It sounds like it should be a Saturday Night Live skit. But, I don't think it's any more ridiculous than the subway diet. Do they even claim that it's "healthy"? I guess a light choice is at least a better choice than their regular menu. Personally, I don't think anything on their menu resembles food. It's all really terrible. It's pretty bland and tasteless for something that is loaded with fat and sodium.

Oh well. Welcome in the new year folks. We're about to be bombarded with diet commercials, diet pills, and an influx of new years resolution people at the gym. It'll all die down by March.

I'm also predicting that Taco Bell will not find this a successful campaign. I just don't think people will buy into it the way they did with subway.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i just looked it up on line, i dont eat out often but i would definitely try one of the burritos or tacos if i was needing to stop for something. my kids and husband love taco bell and i do let them have it on occasion, now i have a good option. i would love all fast food places to get more options for healthier foods. lets hope this is trend. i actually find it shocking that so many have said that they have never had taco bell, does this apply to mcdonalds too?
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I LOVE taco bell. I'm actually going to go to their site now and see how many calories it has. I'm sure its a lot but hey if not I'm going to have it from time to time.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My husband is a fast food freak........ its nice that restaurants offer something besides salad that I can eat when he is going in for a Big Mac or whatever. I definitely wouldn't do that as my full time meal plan though.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I also LOVE taco bell, and its definitely just a marketing ploy. There fresca menu is very good, and Taco Bell has low calorie options just like any other fast food place. They are jumping on the 'New Years Resolution" money making opportunity by playing up a menu they have had for a while. Notice in the commercials the girl said she limited her calorie intake overall and that included some Taco Bell items. So she did EXACTLY what we are doing on MFP. It is a little from the Subway diet because Jared ate only subway and his plan included walking to a subway and back everyday, something that got overlooked in the subway diet craze. The important thing to remember is that this is just a marketing tool for Taco Bell, but that if you have to eat fast food for whatever reason, you don't have to go over on your calories.

That being said, soft chicken fresca taco is soooo good.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Someone mentioned the sodium- its crazy high on their low calorie options (and everything) so drink tons of water if you eating Taco Bell or any high sodium foods as part of a regular diet.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I also love some of the fresco menu items. We drive 40 miles one way twice a week for youngest's dd physical therapy. I try to pack snacks but sometimes I run out of time. I am glad that they offer a little healthier option. It is definitely not a once a week thing but probably once a month thing.