No Sugar???

Options
2»

Replies

• Damiilla
    Damiilla Posts: 66
    Options
    I'll make things easy for you.

Unless you have some medical condition that makes you a very unique human, dietary glucose is not required to be in our diet at all.

In fact, we don't need any kind of carbohydrate. So why pick foods with sugar in it at all?

Focus on moderate protein and fat. Eat leafy green veggies and quality meats.

You can't cut sugar and not eat more fat. There simply is no other way unless you eat some protein only substrate, but that's missing the point now isn't it?

Do your research and you will find that our bodies run on fat and protein. Sugar (carbohydrate) is a toxin and our bodies treats it as so.
    no words...
  • ABQsheila
    ABQsheila Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Get the ketchup with no high frustose corn syrup. That's evil stuff and not really food in my opinion. I don't buy any food that has high frustose corn syrup in the list of ingredients.

As others have said, choose foods in their unprocessed, natural state as much as possible. You'll get the maximum nutrition from those.
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can't eliminate sugar for reasons already stated here from other members.

It's everywhere yes, but when you look at your dairy, most of the sugar you consume is on the same things you eat over and over (usually), just make some modifications to that.

I always go over my recommended, because I drink milk and eat some kind of bread almost every day, I'm not so over it because you can loose weight even with sugar and carbs without having to eliminate them completely (as if) unless you want to get into one of those radical diets that might be prejudicial for you if not taken under some kind of professional supervision.

What's the rush? :)

As other people said, no worries about sugar in natural products, and if you want to loose weight try to get your sugar and carbs the lowest yes, but eliminating them is unnecessary really, people c'mon be patient, you will loose weight anyways really.

Good luck!
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Get the ketchup with no high frustose corn syrup. That's evil stuff and not really food in my opinion. I don't buy any food that has high frustose corn syrup in the list of ingredients.

As others have said, choose foods in their unprocessed, natural state as much as possible. You'll get the maximum nutrition from those.

Oh yeah look for products with this legend, this high fructose thing IS evil haha, jk, but yeah, I buy that king of bread and ketchup too :)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

HFCS is a blending fructose, glucose, some maltose (which is just a form of glucose) and water. check out honey -- it has approximately the same proportions of those three main ingredients.
  • foodie99
    foodie99 Posts: 92
    Options
    Sugar is not EVIL. It's good. You just need not eat 2 pounds of it in a sitting.

Do you have the ok number? Meaning how much is okay to take in for the day (knowing of course that the goal is to take it in via fruit, dairy, and other natural means)? I'm guessing I need to lower my intake, but the number MFP provides is completely unrealistic so I'm looking for what to change that to.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing I need to lower my intake, but the number MFP provides is completely unrealistic so I'm looking for what to change that to.
    Not to argue with you because if lowering your sugar to the recommended levels isn't something you can live with than that's fine but I actually found it to be relatively painless. I was eating well over 100g a day on occasion too but now it's not unusual for me to be under on sugar -- which seems a bit unbelievable to me still but it's true. Just throwing that out there for anyone concerned with the amount of sugar they're eating but can't imagine cutting it so drastically.