New to my fitness.con

sheree
sheree Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone, my name is Sheree and I am trying again to lose weight:blushing: I hope this helps me do it this time. With the ease of having this on my iphone will keep me up to date on my calorie intake. I know it will be a rude awakening for me.LOL

Replies

• hi welcome to the site i signed up yesterday so i am new also.
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Welcome, you will love the site. You will gain lots of knowledge and a bunch of online friends. Good luck on your journey.
  • Hi my name is michelle. I joined this site yesterday. I have this problem of craving sweets any idea how to get this under control?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hello everyone, my name is Sheree and I am trying again to lose weight:blushing: I hope this helps me do it this time. With the ease of having this on my iphone will keep me up to date on my calorie intake. I know it will be a rude awakening for me.LOL

Hi Sheree, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    You sound just like me when I first came here! I felt the same way, HOPING that THIS TIME I would FINALLY lose the weight! :grumble: Course, in my head I figured I'd only last a few weeks, and then fail, just like all the other times. I even put in a high goal, cuz I never figured I'd see it anyway, so why bother going for a goal I REALLY wanted! :noway: But, after awhile, I started losing and realized that I VERY WELL COULD actually lose the weight that I wanted to! :bigsmile:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "recent forum topics", and "view all", then "general diet", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • hello dear we can do it
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi my name is michelle. I joined this site yesterday. I have this problem of craving sweets any idea how to get this under control?

I try to save enough numbers for a snack of Edy's slow churned, no sugar added cookie dough icecream. I'm a real icecream fanatic, and I can't tell the difference between it and the "real thing"! :love: There are a lot of low cal, and no sugar added type chocolates, icecreams, etc. out there that should be able to take care of your sweets cravings. :wink:
    Sometimes I'm still amazed that I managed to lose most of the weight that I wanted to AND eat icecream almost every night! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • alliej
    alliej Posts: 76 Member
    Hi I am Allie. I am new to this site. I am a mother of 3 ( 4 if you include my hubby) and work full time. I have alot of weight to lose so I thought I could start usin all the tools possible. My friend invited me to jon this site so I did. I look forward to getting to know you all.
  • ctucky
    ctucky Posts: 1
    I am almost 44 and about 80 lbs over weight. I was just recently diagnosed with diabetes and know the dangers of that disease since my father is diabetic with very poor eyesight, heart problems, and is on kidney dialysis. I am motivated to make some healthy changes to my lifestyle.
    Good luck to everyone else and Happy New Year!
This discussion has been closed.