Hi , Just started today !!!!!!!

Options
Hello everyone, have just started this trip today and I am really looking forward to it...............although it's taken a while to work out this site......., but it looks good.......and I am hoping that my New Years resoloution is going to work...... !! I want to lose 50 lb and get fit , not sure how long it's going to take, but it would be good if I can do it by December 2010 !!! It's great reading everyone elses stories, really motivating !!!!!............................Soooooooo off we goooooooo!!!!!:wink:

Replies

• safc1900
    Options
    Just came on here mtself, not a clue what I am doing. Will take time.

385108.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! This is a great site to get healthy on!
  • erussell
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I am sort of new, I used to use this site a lot but I just started using it again yesterday. I too want to lose about 50 lbs. What is your plan of action?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Rudy and Safc, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "recent forum topics", and "view all", then "general diet", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • lucita1
    Options
    Good luck...you can do it
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Good LUCK to everyone!!!! I started June 8th 2009....i am 8lbs away from my goal! This site has been the best thing that could have happened to me! i am so happy for all of you who have recently joined! before you know it you will be a new and improved you! this website WILL help!!!! Again Good LUCK! and dont give up! there are many ups and downs but dont let them stop you from finally acheiving your goals!!!! 2010 Here we COME!!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Good LUCK to everyone!!!! I started June 8th 2009....i am 8lbs away from my goal! This site has been the best thing that could have happened to me! i am so happy for all of you who have recently joined! before you know it you will be a new and improved you! this website WILL help!!!! Again Good LUCK! and dont give up! there are many ups and downs but dont let them stop you from finally acheiving your goals!!!! 2010 Here we COME!!!!

VERY well said! :drinker: :flowerforyou: MFP is also one of the best things that happened to me too! :love:
    I hope the huge amount of newbies who've joined stick with it, so that they can be as thrilled with their success as you and I are! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • abbychick
    abbychick Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I'm just starting again with the start of the New Year. Tried to join exactly a year ago but didn't stick with it. I'm hoping for success in 2010!!
  • rudyroo
    rudyroo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome...............!!!! Good idea about thinking what you aim to eat the next day and logging it in,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't want to get too food obsessed.... and am hoping to change my idea of eating by putting my food onto a smaller plate, eating a small starter before the main meal ..i.e carrots, cucumber, peppers - salad and then cutting back on portions with the main meal.........and cutting out all my favourites especialy cheeses :((, ...........snacks ( all the nicey's)!! I don't have a huge sweet tooth so that's not my problem, but savoury is and am looking to find a very savoury low fat/calorie dip ( for me carrots) to get me through the snacky evenings !! Since moving to France 4 years ago, my waistline fell in love with bread and cheeses, ( can't understand why all the french arn't Blobs and the women so skinny) I go to Celtic dance classes 1-2 times a week, but now i am going to do around 30- 60 minutes of cardio daily..... I really want to look good this summer ............ if anyone has any ideas or tips......bring it on..................................xxxxxx:happy: