Why am I not losing weight on Lean Cuisine?!

Options
Haha, just kidding.
I just thought I would say that I love Lucky Charms.

Actually, I love a lot of foods that aren't necessarily "diet-y" like my mom called it.
I will never give up my sugar cereal. At the end of the day, when I want sweets I reach for my blueberries, cereal, and unsweetened almond milk.
I will also never give up Scooby Doo gummies or white bread.

I wish magazines and the public would stop painting a horror story image of watching what you eat. You don't have to deprive yourself of the foods you love to lose weight!
I eat what I want in moderation. I log everything. I've lost 15 pounds in two months.

Long live Lucky Charms!

Replies

• filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I saw the title, I almost burst out with laughter. :laugh:

A lot people think they have to cut out tons of foods, including whole groups, anything with sugar, processed foods, etc,. and are never allowed to eat them again. I personally don't like junk food, processed foods, and so on and so forth, but that doesn't mean I'll ever cut out things like my Chobani with fruit on the bottom because of the *sugar content*.

I think if a person wants their weight loss (if that's their goal) to be long-term/permanent, they need to be more realistic and learn that it honestly is OK to have everything in moderation using portion control. :flowerforyou:
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I agree with this post. I love food and am a full believer that deprivation is not realistic. Moderation is the key. Like the monster says - cookies are a sometimes food...
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    lol
  • Elizabethhobbs84
    Options
    Long live Lucky Charms!

Amen! I still hit up Taco Bell like every other day. I just watch myself now. Instead of going crazy having like a big box meal. I have a doritos taco and a order of cinnamon twist, and I'm still under.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    lol
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    When I saw the title, I almost burst out with laughter. :laugh:

This! hehe...
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    LoL, I actually laughed when I saw the title, and figured it must be a joke.

I'm in the camp of people that do believe certain things shouldn't be eaten - but it's a personal preference, I'm not dogmatic and not judgey face about it from a health standpoint (once someone is armed with information, personal choice is up to the individual right? It's none of my business how other people prioritize things in their lives). Get into the environment + food industry debate with me and it's a whole different ballgame, but, caring what other people choose to do with their bodies? Not my place.
  • omgiacobbi
    omgiacobbi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I could never, never, ever give up my mushroom and cheese pizza. In fact, I've had it twice in the last two weeks and still managed to drop 17 pounds. Take that, society.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah, love Lucky Charms. And crumbs don't count! :laugh:
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    With some foods the portion that should be eaten vs the portion we want to eat is so sad that it isn't worth it most of the time. They are nice for those days where you've been very active and have loads of free calories though. :bigsmile:

My main issue with magazines and dieting is their recommended menus. Who the heck can eat like that? Different breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day and some of those foods... it's always crazy expensive and unrealistic.
  • StilleNacht
    Options
    I agree about the too expensive part!
    My meals are made out of what I have at home. Most likely, if I can't spell/pronounce it, I don't eat it! Hehe.
    Magazines suggest menus that someone's personal chef would serve them on the veranda.