I can't live without chocohol!!

Options
skinimin
skinimin Posts: 252 Member
I have THE biggest sweet tooth and chocolate is like crack to me.

Maybe that's extreme but maybe I really freaking love chocolate, it's a battle.

Anyway I have found a really great way to deal with the chocolate cravings, dark chocolate.

"DUH, I've heard that one before" ahh but have you tried 85% cocoa dark? My friend, there is practically NO sugar in 85% dark and 85% is too intense to binge on but intense enough to satiate your chocolate hunger.

Maybe you already knew this and maybe it was an unsuccessful venture for you, but if not I wish you luck.

P.S. chocoholics add me and we can struggle together :)

Replies

• DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Green & Blacks is a Godsend. Really don't need much!
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    Endangered Species brand has different levels (48%-88%) of chocolate that are very good. I generally get the 72% or 88%, I like them both. https://www.chocolatebar.com/categories.php?category=Chocolate-Bars-&-Treats

Paul Newman also has some good dark chocolate. I used to be a Dove Dark Chocolate fan until I started eating less sugar and simple carbs. Now I think the Dove Dark Chocolate is too sweet.
  • StilleNacht
    Options
    World Market sells BACON CHOCOLATE.

Mmmmmmmmm.....chocolate.. :)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My husband is a diabetic, and I felt guilty he couldn't have no bake cookies. So, I melted one large bar of 85% dark and one large bar of 90% dark - both Lindt- added a half cup of peanut butter and a couple of cups of quick oats. Dropped onto wax paper. Sort of a cross between a traditional chocolate and a no bake cookie, and needs to stay refrigerated. But, they're a wonderful distraction when sweets are around.
  • 1984LMN
    1984LMN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Total Chocoholic here...makes me wonder if there are Recovery Houses and Support Programs for us?

I do however prefer GOOD and Quality chocolate to cheap chocolate bars. But I do have a downfall with M&M's. My biggest issue is that I can't seem to stop at the recommended serving, or even slightly close to it. And when bying Lindt, Black & Green's or any other kind of chocolate bars on sale...you know the sales 2 for $5 or 3 for $7? I somehow finish all the bars in one week.

I'm curious as to how others who suffer the same problem strategize against eating the whole thing when they NEED to have chocolate? Maybe I should put it into separate snack size bags and put dates on when they can be consumed?!
  • skinimin
    Options
    Greens & Black is the one I eat too :)

I know that I can make it through my morning snack without having the sweet stuff but by afternoon I'd cave so that's when I have my dark chocolate. I space out the serving too, two squares, wait and see how I feel and then maybe two more. Usually two rows satisfies me.

I eat the whole Greens & Black chocolate block in a week too but that's better than eating a whole block of cadbury in one day, as I'm sure we've all done many a time.
  • NeatMan
    NeatMan Posts: 62
    Options
    I love sweets, but really, it isn't that hard to keep yourself from eating them. You just stop eating them, and you won't crave it anymore after ~3 days. At least it works for me.
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    Chocolate can be healthy...

Raw Cacao Pumpkin Seed Smoothie

Tastes like a Chocolate Milkshake!

½ Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds (hulled)
    3 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
    2 Cups Water
    Stevia or your choice of sweetener to taste.
    Ice

Put all the ingredients into a blender except for the ice.
    Blend until very smooth, then add the ice, and enjoy.
    Makes 2 large glasses for 1 serving.

368 Calories
    34 Carbs
    14 Protein
    20 Fat
    29 Iron
    8 Calcium
  • skinimin
    Options
    I love sweets, but really, it isn't that hard to keep yourself from eating them. You just stop eating them, and you won't crave it anymore after ~3 days. At least it works for me.

You are obviously not a chocoholic, 3 days of cravings is a hard fight.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've made this discovery too. Dark chocolate keeps the binge monster at bay.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Everyone keeps recommending this because I'm a total chocoholic...unfortunately my chocolate of choice is dark chocolate and I used to eat an entire bar of green and blacks (sometimes 2 :blushing: ) in one sitting :frown:

Strangely I find keeping it in the fridge helps, I take 2 squares out and its cold so it takes longer to melt in my mouth so lasts me quite a while. Doesnt always stop me going back for more but it helps lol
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    How about low calorie hot chocolates. I think you can get ones which are only like 40 calories per packet, which is perfect for satisfying the cravings.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    How about low calorie hot chocolates. I think you can get ones which are only like 40 calories per packet, which is perfect for satisfying the cravings.

:sick: