What do you use - pounds, kilos or stones.

Options
2»

Replies

• mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I use kg's (as I am Aussie) but familiarised with pounds/stones from being on here and having expat friends :)

@alzaman5925 - there are approx 14 pounds to a stone.

For the Aussie's here, there are approx 7 kgs to a stone and 1 kg is 2.2 pounds :)

I think 1 stone = 6.3kg
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I use kg's (as I am Aussie) but familiarised with pounds/stones from being on here and having expat friends :)

@alzaman5925 - there are approx 14 pounds to a stone.

For the Aussie's here, there are approx 7 kgs to a stone and 1 kg is 2.2 pounds :)

I think 1 stone = 6.3kg

Yep 1 KG is 2.2 lbs. Can't tell you the number of times I multplied it out to get my son's weight. As even though in the US we are on pounds, the children's hospital here is all metric. I think most hospitals are.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I have to deal everyday with volumes in gallons, concentrations in grams and milligrams per liter and flow rates in gallons.

The world would be so much simpler if we as Americans could adopt the metric system.

The math that everyone hates would be so much easier.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    funny-US-vs-world-metric-system-date.jpg
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    ibs and stones. the reason why I use ibs is because they are just about small enough to lose in a week where as for a kg, it is very hard to lose a kg in a week and I would feel like I havent achieved anything! so has to be ibs lol
  • Kebabmeatchips
    Kebabmeatchips Posts: 32 Member
    Options

lol so true. Still don't understand why Americans use month/day/year when rest of world has been using day/month/year for like forever.

In regards to weight, use Stones, but now starting to embrace my European thinking of getting used to Kilos as well now.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options

hahaha Now I live in the States and I feel weird writing 8/2/2012 ugh for me 2/8/2012 flows better and makes more sense I can't remember to write it their way so I just write Aug 2 2012 lol

They also drive on the opposite side than what i'm use to but i'll deal lol
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I do pounds because of living in the US. The hubby (Brit) does too but when I lost 14 pounds (a stone) he told me I lost Mick Jagger *laff*
  • driventochange
    driventochange Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use stones (UK user). Miss them terribly here and tired of converting into hundreds of pounds - please add the option for us Brits!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    pounds cuz 'merica is so retarded.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    ibs and stones. the reason why I use ibs is because they are just about small enough to lose in a week where as for a kg, it is very hard to lose a kg in a week and I would feel like I havent achieved anything! so has to be ibs lol

lol! its LBs not ibs

this made me giggle
  • Rainforst
    Rainforst Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pounds because I am old school Canadian. Hey
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I use pounds.
    Pounds, cuz us canadians are supposed to use metric....but mostly we do that for speeds and distance...officially metric system, unofficially, imperial measure.

Canadians switch from system to system all the time, I find. We just can't keep it straight! :P