crockpot cubed steak

Options
I just whipped up my own recipe the other night. Some of you might do this already. I thought it was really yummy!

cubed steak for crockpot
sliced onion
worcestershire sauce
italian dressing
beef broth
salt
pepper

marinate steak cubes in italian dressing, put them in bottom of crockpot after marinating. sprinkle onion on top, sprinkle worcestershire sauce over meat. add a little bit of beef broth (enough to make a little soupy) add a little salt and pepper. cook on low for 6 hours.

I put mine over white rice

Replies

• mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    :heart: my crockpot and always looking for something new to make in it, thanks for sharing will give this a try
  • JenStyle30
    Options
    your welcome :) here lately I've been getting brave with my crockpot and just trying stuff out. I love it too. It's so easy, it does the cooking for you
  • MarMantz
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. It's easy, healthy and it looks like something my whole family would enjoy! How much broth & Italian Marinade?:smile:
  • iowatransplant
    iowatransplant Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!!
  • JenStyle30
    Options
    i just poured enough italian dressing in the baggie to over the meat. the broth, about a 1/2 cup
  • piercedbeauty21
    Options
    Sounds great. I'm gonna have to try this sometime next week.
  • mhopp71
    mhopp71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This sounds great, I'll have to try it. Not sure how it will go over with the kids though. I will brown cubed steak then put it in a crock pot with green beans, potatoes, and tomato juice
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I just whipped up my own recipe the other night. Some of you might do this already. I thought it was really yummy!

cubed steak for crockpot
    sliced onion
    worcestershire sauce
    italian dressing
    beef broth
    salt
    pepper

marinate steak cubes in italian dressing, put them in bottom of crockpot after marinating. sprinkle onion on top, sprinkle worcestershire sauce over meat. add a little bit of beef broth (enough to make a little soupy) add a little salt and pepper. cook on low for 6 hours.

I put mine over white rice

how much everything? It sounds great but i need to figure out the calories
  • southern_gurl
    Options
    bump
  • JenStyle30
    Options
    i think everything including the rice was around 400 calories
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    sounds delish.. may try this Sunday!
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, this sounds really good!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have a similar pot roast recipe, but the sodium can be really high with it. I'm posting it because my family loves it so much..and it's so easy!

1 lb Chuck roast
    1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix
    1 packet Brown gravy mix. * I use reduced sodium, you cannot tell*
    1 packet Italian Dressing mix

Place meat in crockpot. Mix all 3 packets together with 1/2 C water. Pour over top of meat and cook for 6 hours. I usually baste it a few times.

You can use the gravy for potatoes, but again, it's pretty salty. I usually just eat the meat as I can't do that many carbs, but I bet you could also throw some veggies in there too.

SO DARN GOOD
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My family loves cubed steak this is a keeper! thanks
  • Jenny_Lou20
    Jenny_Lou20 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Definately bumping this so I can have it in my topics to figure out all the calories if I make it.

It sounds SUPER delish.