Thermogenics?

Options
To all my fellow iron benders out there,

Well, I've been eating right and lifting weights as well as exercising in general since I have been deployed. I have melted off 20+ lbs. so far since I started counting at 240 even though I was actually over that when I got here.

However, my weight loss and muscle gain have seemed to even each other out. I currently take MRI's CE2, NO2 and Black Powder for supplements with a 25g shot of protein after I work out.

That being said, I was thinking about adding a thermogenic to my stack as well. My question is this:

Are thermogenics worth my time and if so, what thermogenics should I look into?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Replies

• ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few but not for extended periods of time because you may feel like you always need it. Most are mainly caffeine with a few other ingredients. Many people trying to get extremely lean say for competition do use them as an aid in fat loss. I have tried Roxylean and i think it is called Advantra Z by gaspari nutrition and like both of them. I have tried Dexyfen, which I didnt care for because it just made me feel weird in general. If your goal is to maintain muscle and get leaner it may help.
  • backwoodsbama
    backwoodsbama Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I might have to order them as the base exchange has a very low selection. I am starting a bottle of BSN's Thermonex for now but I am open to suggestion as the bottle will only last about 2 weeks.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my advocare thermoplusand Catalyst they have increased my sculpting SOOOO much. I love them so much I decided to distrbute them to get a discount. Their performance products in general are top of the Line. A lot of olympic and professional sports athletes use them. Their new pro 20 packs a whopping 20grams of protien in a 3oz shot and it tastes like an orange dream cicle!!! BEST. STUFF. EVER!!!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    MEH!

Instead of a thermogenic why not take a break and reset the hormones needed to drop the fat?
    Eat at TDEE or vacinity for 2 weeks then resume the cut after.

Oh!

And thanx for all you do bro!
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Could also try Yohimbine, it is said to help in fat loss.
  • Natsume
    Natsume Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I take GNC Well-BEing be-ENERGIZED. It makes me ping (hyper), so I work out harder. It helps with toning, but that might be because my workouts are harder. You have to be careful though. The caffeine speeds up your heart so if you are not careful you would hurt yourself.