HERBALiFE

Options
DJ478
DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
Anyone out there doing herba life I want to know if anyone has any before/after pics and also seek a bit more info abt nutrition and if theres any risk Im interested in starting it but dont know if its good or not

Replies

• DJ478
    Options
    Herbal*
  • ndmain1977
    ndmain1977 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd skip it. Herbalife is a marketing company, not a diet company. You can get the same products for a whole lot cheaper by just looking around the vitamin aisle at Wal-Mart.

And for god's sake, don't sell the stuff. It's multi level marketing at it's worst. It's so bad that Nigeria of all places has banned it from it's country for being a scam.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    My sister did the whole herbalife stuff as a supplement and dropped 60lbs. She combined the program with exercise and healthy eating. She has maintained the weight off but she made exercise part of her daily routine.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd skip it. Herbalife is a marketing company, not a diet company. You can get the same products for a whole lot cheaper by just looking around the vitamin aisle at Wal-Mart.

And for god's sake, don't sell the stuff. It's multi level marketing at it's worst. It's so bad that Nigeria of all places has banned it from it's country for being a scam.

This ^^

My biggest single issue with Herbalife is that there is no real exit strategy. The plan is for you to continue taking their products for the rest of your life. DW and I took and sold it for a few years. We lost a ton of weight, but as soon as we tried to eat normally the weight came right back. I will admit that the weight coming back had a lot to do with the fact that we didn't know how to eat. But they never tell you that.
  • DJ478
    Options
    Thanks yeah I want planning on selling It tho just curious since a lot of my family and friends are doing it since its becoming real popular in NYC I was mainly just going to do it short term with good healthy eating and exercise like I did with shakeology I have a thyroid disorder so it's real hard to lose weight
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options

I agree with this guy as well, in all fairness you can get cheaper elsewhere. Herbalife could not care less if you lose weight or not all they want is more people to sell their products believe me I used to do it. Its worked on a pyramid scheme. Yes you will lose weight but if you reduce your calorie intake and exercise you will still lose weight. If you decide to go for it, I wish you all the best either way
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Except if you are going to buy them at a chain store, best bet is Vitamin Shoppe, not Walmart. :tongue:
  • DJ478
    Options
    oh ok thanks what kind of shakes could i find in GNC or walgreens?
  • tearose4
    tearose4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh, I have a Herbalife story! When my father had a heart attack, his preacher & wife came to the hospital and tried to sell Herbalife to my mother & me while we were in the waiting room of the Cardiac ICU.

I have no idea what it's claims are nor if it works... After that little stunt, I would never give them a cent.
  • DJ478
    Options
    yeah definately bad timing
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options

LOL Obviously the Nigerian authorities aren't getting a cut.
  • jessicadelgado33886305
    Options
    Honestly I started herbalife weighing 207 pounds went down to 157 in 5 months. The got pregnant, & when I gave birth I weighed 183 now its been 6 months & I am at 138. I took the shakes & other supplements while pregnant & my baby came out super healthy. Thats how much I trust the product. Business wise, yes you earn money by recruiting but no one is over you because lets say I sign "john" if he works harder than me he can go up to another level first than me. So just because I sign someone up Im gonna be above them, they can surpass me. Im not there yet, I earn income more on sales of the product still havent recruited. I can say this I CARE ABOUT MY CLIENTS & OBTAINING THEIR RESULTS. IN THIS BUSINESS IF YOU WORRY MORE ABOUT MONEY THAN YOUR CLIENT YOU WILL NOT GROW. I have two clients who have maintained their weight without the product. There are dishonest distributors of this product that only go in for the money but please dont generalize.
  • ndmain1977
    ndmain1977 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Honestly I started herbalife weighing 207 pounds went down to 157 in 5 months. The got pregnant, & when I gave birth I weighed 183 now its been 6 months & I am at 138. I took the shakes & other supplements while pregnant & my baby came out super healthy. Thats how much I trust the product. Business wise, yes you earn money by recruiting but no one is over you because lets say I sign "john" if he works harder than me he can go up to another level first than me. So just because I sign someone up Im gonna be above them, they can surpass me. Im not there yet, I earn income more on sales of the product still havent recruited. I can say this I CARE ABOUT MY CLIENTS & OBTAINING THEIR RESULTS. IN THIS BUSINESS IF YOU WORRY MORE ABOUT MONEY THAN YOUR CLIENT YOU WILL NOT GROW. I have two clients who have maintained their weight without the product. There are dishonest distributors of this product that only go in for the money but please dont generalize.

*sigh*

Well folks... this is a perfect example of someone that drank the kool-aid at the initial distributor recruiting meeting.

Please read this article:

http://www.cockeyed.com/workfromhome/small_business.html

Rest assured, that what Jessica says here, is pretty much the canned response that herbalife teaches their distributors to say to any detractors, and that if you actually add her as a friend... pretty soon she'll try to get you to buy into her scam.
  • queenladylala
    Options
    Hahaha these people Are nuts ofcourse your going b to have people who like the products and some who don't.. I'm with you on this one Jessica I have done herbalife for a year and a half and I have stop in the middle of it and start eating healthy I still managed my weight and lost weight.. so if you been doing herbalife and stop and gain all that weight back its because you want eating healthy! I weight 230 when I started actually sticking with it and lost about 50 pounds And yes I have before and after pics for the a**wholeswho are rude about this product!
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    Hooked on Herbalife works for me.

not serious
  • SgtZabka
    SgtZabka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Herbalife and Shakeology are all about making money, if you want/need a solid protein, go with Optimum Nutrition. $28.00 for a 5lb jug and a bunch of different delicious flavors.
  • DJ478
    Options
    I didn't end up doing herbalife I do need more protein in my diet don't come close to meeting my micros
  • Orrski1
    Orrski1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is for some people. I paid to be come a distributor to give it a whirl and found that I am not the type to take pills I just do not remember them. For this reason I now have a bunch of unopened products that I can't get rid of because I can't sell them online. If you or anyone you know is interested in anything please email me and I will see if I have them. I will sell them cheap, just so I can try and get some money back. Cm269901 at gmail dot com

Thanks
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

There is always a first poster comes up after any post about one of these miracle diets, seriously people it's not rocket science, just count your calories accurately and consume less than you burn and you will lose weight.