Chicken For Dinner

Options
I want to make a healthy dinner for my family tonight, so I am cooking chicken and maybe a few veggies or some fruit with it, or maybe even rice. Does anyone know a good way to cook the chicken so it's healthy and still delicious? (The chicken is in somewhat thin cutlet shapes, and everyone will get one) Also, what sides should I serve with the chicken? Comment with any ideas below! Thanks! (:

Replies

• ShellySwickSmall57
    Options
    1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
    2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/8 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon dried parsley
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    In resealable plastic bag, combine cheese, crumbs and all seasonings; shake well.
    Transfer mixture to plate; dip each chicken breast in cheese mixture, turning to coat all sides.
    Arrange on nonstick baking sheet.
    Bake until chicken is cooked through, 20-25 minutes.
    4 points per serving.
  • ShellySwickSmall57
    Options
    Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
    Serving Size: 1 (128 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 4

.Amount Per Serving% Daily ValueCalories 178.0 Calories from Fat 4525%Total Fat 5.0 g7%Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%Cholesterol 81.0 mg27%Sodium 299.2 mg12%Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g1%Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1%Sugars 0.3 g1%Protein 28.1 g56%
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    Frankly, I love to cook mine on the grill with BBQ sauce-I use the Jack Daniels Honey Smokehouse-it's only 45 calories in a 2tbsp serving size! And there is NO way I can put that much on a little piece o' chicken while he's on the grill. If I'm cooking in the oven, I like to use Ms. Dash (sodium free!) Italian seasoning. It adds a great flavor without adding bad stuff.

Whenever I have chicken in this manner, I usually cook Green Giant kitchen cut green beans (20 cals in a 1/2c serving) or Birdseye Steamfresh white & yellow corn (80 cals in a 2/3c serving). Those are pretty much the only two veggies I'll eat. By the time I eat dinner, I've usually had a cup or more of fruit the rest of the day as snacks. It's hard when you live singly...I was leftovers :( My sis always loved cooking brown rice to each with chicken when she lived with me.

Hope that helps!
  • bermequeen
    bermequeen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    you could always use marinades for the chicken and I like oven roasted brocolli
  • MissItalianPrincess
    Options
    I threw together a really yummy, new way that I have never prepared chicken before and I most definitely will do it again! Hopefully after the Boyfriend comes home from work and eats his portion from it, I'll still have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

I took 1.5 lbs of chicken breast tenders and shook them in about a tbs of cornstarch so they were lightly dredged. I sprayed my 11x13 Pyrex with Smart Balance Canola Oil Spray and laid the chicken down after sprinkling it with a low sodium blackened jerk seasoning. Then I diced up a Trader Joes mix of pineapple, papaya, and mango and sprinkled that atop the tenders and lightly drizzled with some raw agave. Popped in the oven at 375 for about 50 minutes. So moist and so flavorful- went great with a big green salad on the side and I still have calories left for a nice snack/dessert, although my tropical concotion left me more than satisfied! :-)
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Lemon Mushroom Chicken Cutlets

Chicken, Breast 6 oz. - Boneless & Skinless, 16.35 oz
    Mushrooms - Raw, 2 cup, pieces or slices
    Lemon juice - Raw, 2 lemon yields
    Gold Medal - All Purpose Flour - Enriched, Bleached, Presifted, 1/4 cup (30g)
    Vidalia - Onion, 1 medium
    Swanson - Chicken Broth - 99% Fat Free, 1 cup
    Spices - Parsley, dried, 1 tbsp

Total Calories:731
    Per Serving:146

Coat chicken cutlets with flour
    Saute Onions, Minced mushrooms in your choice of oil (adjust for calories or cooking spray) and I also added garlic to the saute.
    Brown the chicken breasts
    Deglaze the pan with the lemon (use either one or two lemons depending on your own tastes.
    Add chicken broth
    Let simmer until sauce thickens stirring occasionally.

We had this tonight and I served it over rice noodles. It can be served with anything you like, but adjust for calories as the recipe is for the chicken dish only.
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love to buy those 30 minute marinades and then throw them on the griddle. So easy, and oh so juicy every time!!