Feeling Fat Today

Options
I just feel fat today. No particular reason - I haven't gained, or binged, or anything like that. I'm not even over my calorie goal. But I just feel like a big gross blob.

Did you ever have a day like that?

Replies

• NcBound
    NcBound Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes, but on those days I try to do something a little more active to counteract the feeling. Look at what you've accomplished thus far and don't be afraid to pat yourself on the back for it.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I get like that....sometimes I look in the mirror and think I look great and other times I still see the 200+ version of me...annoying. I usually end up going for an extra walk when I feel gross.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I've felt that way all day today but I think its because today was my non workout day, so I've just sat around the house with my son. Also I'm in the middle of TOM so that certainly doesn't help :(
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose, the more conscious I am of the fat I still have to lose.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    LOL some days I feel fat, some days I feel light... not sure why...
  • amber_rudeen
    Options
    Hi I'm Amber and I am also new to MFP but I have been on a diet for almost a month and I have lost 24lbs. I started off weight 200lbs. and I am now 176 but I know I have a long way to go but my question is how long does it take to reach your goal weight:D
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Watching the Olympics makes me feel fat and soooo slow on my runs
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Yes i think we all do.
  • kittyconni
    Options
    The more weight I lose, the more conscious I am of the fat I still have to lose.

I feel the same way! I have lost 56 pounds so far and every time I look in the mirror...I see thighs that need to shape up and a stomach pouch that needs a tummy tuck! I didn't notice things like that when I weighed 220 pounds!
  • mojolo7
    mojolo7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I felt this way all day yesterday, even after a huge loss on the scale and a decent loss in inches. I think TOM has something to do with it for me, as someone else mentioned. I must have stood in front of the mirror for, well, way longer than I want to admit, wishing away my fat parts. The good news is, as long as I'm eating right and working out this is usually a temporary feeling. I woke up this morning, rolled out of bed and caught my own eye in the mirror. ;-) I still have a ways to go, and I'm working on accepting that days of feeling good and days of feeling fat are just part of the journey. I hope you've got your "skinny goggles" on today and that you're feeling better!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I just feel fat today. No particular reason - I haven't gained, or binged, or anything like that. I'm not even over my calorie goal. But I just feel like a big gross blob.

Did you ever have a day like that?

Actually yes. I feel fat today too. =/