The Four C's

I was driven to write this after losing just .2 pounds this past week:

The Four Cs of Weight Loss

Ask a jeweler and he will readily tell you the “four Cs” of selecting a diamond: cut, clarity, color, and carat. Well, guess what, Weight Watchers members? Each of you is a diamond in the rough, and you have four Cs of your own:

• Cut: In a diamond, an optimum cut showcases the stone’s beauty. Each of us is a diamond in the rough, waiting to come out. We can do it if we CUT certain things from our vocabulary, like “doubt”, “excuses”, “failure”, and yes, cutting the fat from our diet certainly helps!
• Clarity: The more clear a diamond is, the more brilliantly it reflects light. If we have clarity in our goals, both short-term and long-term, we will brilliantly achieve them.
• Color: The less color a diamond has, the more it breaks light apart and “sparkles”. Don’t get caught up in the cycle of doubt, and don’t beat yourselves up over a setback- if you do, it will color your perception of yourself and weaken your determination to meet your weight loss goals.
• Carat: Appropriately for us Weight Watchers members, “carat” refers to the weight of a diamond. Generally, the more a diamond weighs, the more valuable it is. However, we often tend to devalue ourselves due to our weight. Regardless of your weight or your fitness level, you are a worthy creature- your weight, unlike a lifeless diamond, does NOT determine your value.

I was a bit disappointed in my weight loss from this week, despite my hard work. But you know what? I will cut out the doubt, have clarity in my goals, I will not let setbacks color my attitude toward my goals, and I refuse to let my carat weight determine my worth!

Replies