Protein shakes

Options
Hey everyone! I just bought Jillian Michael's Vanilla Whey Protein Powder. And well every shake I try just tastes GROSS! Does anyone have any good shake recipies that I could try?

Replies

• Hellevangelist
    Options
    I haven't tried Jillian's mix, but I do use Herbalife a few times a week after a run. Try adding some fruit to it! One trick is to add a teaspoon of instant pudding to the mix.

My favorite shake is called Monkey Oats ...

2 scoops vanilla shake mix (Herbalife)
    1 tablespoon of protein powder (Gensoy, plain)
    1 tablespoon of sugar free caramel coffee syrup
    1 tablespoon of rolled oats
    1 teaspoon of instant banana flavored pudding
    1/3 banana
    6 almonds

Blend with two handfuls of ice and about 3/4 cup of water. It's refreshing, filling and cures that sweet tooth!

Another good one is the shake mix, protein powder, ice, water, a tsp of chocolate pudding, a tsp of butterscotch pudding, a tablespoon of PB2 (powdered peanut butter, cuts out a TON of the fat/calories) and a tablespoon of the sugar free caramel syrup; it's just like a scotcheroo bar! Definitely not for everyday, but it's great when you want a chocolate and peanut butter fix! :)

I have lots more if you want! Also, you can do a Google search for protein shake recipes, there are lots of really good ones out there!
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have tried Jillian's...don't care for it. Have tried the Walmart brand...okay. I am now on the Body By Vi and must say that I love it. Had to do a lot of research to get me convince to try it though. Have to sort through a lot of negative misconceptions to get to the science and postive fact. I don't sell the product, just use it.
  • CougarGrace
    Options
    I have Jillians vanilla and i tired it with water the first time and it was so GROSS and undrinkable.

If you use unsweetened almond milk instead (its only 30 calories!!! and like one carb) it tastes great! I also mix in a few ice cubes and really shake it up. I look forward to drinking this after a good workout.

I recently bought some whey isolate cause it was cheaper than jillians, it has a lot more protein and a lot less carbs. I dont think I will ever be able to drink it. Its worse than jillians with water lol
  • BTheGreatest
    Options
    I use JM as well!! My favs are 8oz of 1% milk or almond milk (unsweetened), 1 scoop of protein protein powder, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of agave nector, and a handful of ice!! 8oz of 1% milk or almond milk (unsweetened), 1 scoop of protein protein powder, 1 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter, 1 small banana, and a handful of ice!! I love em!!
  • asatterwhite1
    Options
    I really like my Shakeology shakes. :)
  • sarrylove
    Options
    I really like my Shakeology shakes. :)

I agree! Love shakeology!!! Especially the chocolate!
  • pocketpygmie
    Options
    I love Isagenix.. hate Visalus, will use Myoplex if need be.
  • Lovingmyboys89
    Lovingmyboys89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have tried a lot of protein powders, jillian michaels, body fortress, pure protein, gnc brand, eas..etc..... And the best so far has been muscle milk chocolate, cake batter, and cookies n cream. But make sure its the"lite" version cause the regular has a lot of fat but the lite is 100 calories. Also im not very of the mm vanilla though!
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ok, I know some may consider this odd...but here's what I did when I lifted.

Water, powdered goats milk, carob powder, and 1/2 Scoop Raw Meal (powdered protein with lots of great things in it).
    Blended is best.... I also added stevia or some sweetener.
  • bwag0655
    Options
    try the chocolate flavor. i dont personally use jillian michaels.. i get mine from a local grocery store thats 100% whey.
    you can also mix them with milk instead of water to make them more rich. after trying it with milk i refuse to have mine with water now.