• justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    3 lbs gone this week, back to 158.5! :smile:

Way to go!!!! :happy:
  • justjack51
    Options
    So I crossed something off my binge list today. Stopped on the way to church and had a Sausage Biscuit at McDonalds (430 calories and 12 grams of Sat Fat). Instead of having a real bad day, I had a super healthy lunch of white meat turkey and gravy on 45 calorie toast (only 1 Sat Fat total). Pretty much back on track for a normal dinner tonight.

Met my goal of putting a "zero" as the second number in my weight this week.

My next weight loss goal it to put a "one" in the 1st number By Valentines Day. My next exercise goal is that I would like to be able to run 5 miles by Valentines day as well.

We got a couple more inches of snow here last night which presents an opportunity to for me and my wife to burn extra calories. I went to the gym Saturday, and could not believe how busy it was with people I had never seen before. I am excited to see more people, but dreading having to fight for time on the machines.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I have done great today and stayed within the calories that I am suspoed to eat. That is good b/c the last 2 days I went over my calories, I am just taking this one day at a time, that is all that I can do. I have not felt like exercising due to some lower back and pelvic pain but I plan on exercising tomorrow.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I am sick........Of my screw ups today........We had to make an unexpected trip to KS today as our friend had a heart attack last night. Then I came home and watched the Broncos.....That was all I could take. I cheated so ad on calories it isn't funny. It is pathetic......However.....I am going to go get on the wii and work some of it off. No way I will be able to do it all but something would help. Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to be so busy I won't bee able to even think about food.

Have a great night
  • yvonneh
    yvonneh Posts: 64
    Options
    We got a couple more inches of snow here last night which presents an opportunity to for me and my wife to burn extra calories. I went to the gym Saturday, and could not believe how busy it was with people I had never seen before. I am excited to see more people, but dreading having to fight for time on the machines.

The gym is always extra crowded come January 1, but sadly it starts to trickle off pretty quickly. By midFebruary, usually it's back to normal.

Jack, congrats on building up your running so fast! Reading about the success of several runners on MFP has encouraged me to try a little myself. I got a heart rate monitor for Christmas and found I had to mix a little jogging into my walking to get my heart rate into the fat burn zone. Maybe that's part of why my weightloss has been sluggish - I need harder workouts. I have mostly been walking for my exercise because of back issues, but the 30-second intervals of jogging didn't hurt like they did five months ago, and what a difference they make with the heart rate! I'm looking forward to working in more jogging in 2010, even if it's for 30 seconds at a time.
  • justjack51
    Options

The gym is always extra crowded come January 1, but sadly it starts to trickle off pretty quickly. By midFebruary, usually it's back to normal.

Jack, congrats on building up your running so fast! Reading about the success of several runners on MFP has encouraged me to try a little myself. I got a heart rate monitor for Christmas and found I had to mix a little jogging into my walking to get my heart rate into the fat burn zone. Maybe that's part of why my weightloss has been sluggish - I need harder workouts. I have mostly been walking for my exercise because of back issues, but the 30-second intervals of jogging didn't hurt like they did five months ago, and what a difference they make with the heart rate! I'm looking forward to working in more jogging in 2010, even if it's for 30 seconds at a time.

I wouldn't call myself a runner yet. I run to burn calories, its not something I enjoy to do, yet. I too got a heartrate monitor recently and have been enjoying it. I start to get exhausted once I get above 147 beats per minute, so I use that as a benchmark as to when to shut it down when I am running. When I first started running, I was hitting mid-150s in the 1st quarter mile. Now I run in the 130s the 1st mile and a half, then it starts to gradually ratchet up. It's quite fascinating to me how predictable it is now. The more I run, the lower the numbrers go too.

I would highly recommend anyone who runs to get a heart rate monitor. I paid under $30 for mine. Now if you run outside, I know people love those garmin units that completely map out your routes. I am not there yet, if I begin to enjoy running more I might look into getting one, but for now I am mostly a treadmill warrior.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I love my HRM, it pushes me to keep burning and get my heart rate up.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning all...Had a rough day yesterday. Ate out twice for my son's birthday and had birthday cookie. I did the Shred DVD but I doubt it helped. I have to work about 10 hours today so I'm gonna hit it. Has anyone decided if they can do the chart? Have a great day!
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Tammy - It was your son's birthday!! On birthday's we're allowed to cheat a little ;)

Tigermom - I hope you have a better today. :)

I didn't stick to my diet at all this past week. With my hips and back hurting, I kind of just let everything go. However, now that that is out of the way, and I am feeling better (Thank God!) I can get back on track. Today is a new day, and a new week to stick to my diet and keep going!

This Sunday, when I weigh in, it will be a good week!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!!! I just got done with my exercise for today and although I feel really tired, I also feel great. I always feel better when I exercise. I am really proud of myself. I did 65 minutes of exercise and burned 722 calories. I have not exercised like that in a long time. I hope you all have a great day.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all!!!! Well it is almost afternoon now! WOW!!!! Came back to work to a "ton" of work!!!! I will be buried in here for quite a while!

As far as the chart goes, I can try......(not today obviously) but I will try when I get home.

I hope today is a better day as far as calories goes for me. I think it will be because I don't have time to think about them!

Everyone have a wonderful 1st Monday of 2010!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I am going to ask if somebody else would please keep track on the weights. I will do it this week for Sunday but then would appreciate it if somebody else would take it over. Thanks!

I have too much going on with my kids and stuff or I would do it. I hope you find someone to do it.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!!! Well it is almost afternoon now! WOW!!!! Came back to work to a "ton" of work!!!! I will be buried in here for quite a while!

As far as the chart goes, I can try......(not today obviously) but I will try when I get home.

I hope today is a better day as far as calories goes for me. I think it will be because I don't have time to think about them!

Everyone have a wonderful 1st Monday of 2010!!!

If you want to give it a try this time maybe we can switch and I can keep it for February or something? Let me know what you think. Thanks

P.S. I don't have a clue how to do it. I will have to have lessons:smile:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I guess we need to start a week 9 thread so I did!!!! ;) Everyone come on over!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/74670-no-more-excuses-week-9