Simple way to beat hunger pangs

Options
So,u cannot resist that slice of pizza or that sugary milk chocolate?i too had this problem..if there was something really tasty YET UNHEALTHY right in front of me,I couldn't control myself.my will-power and self discipline is next to zero.
So, I started using THE COFFEE TRICK.. it's pretty simple actually.i just sprinkle ground-coffee on whatever unhealthy/fattening junk food I am about to consume!it kills the taste with its bitterness and an unpleasant grainy texture!
God knows how many times I hav saved myself from gorging on. Those delicious yet deadly cheese fingers this way!!
U don't need to do much,just keep a small sachet/packet of coffee with you n sprinkle it on whatever junk food that you are about to eat!!
Do try it guys!.

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    seriously?!? Or you could learn moderation and have some of what you REALLY want. So...where did this really unhealthy food come from? If you didn't buy it why would you ruin it? If you did buy it then why did you buy it? Are you planning to carry coffee around forever? :ohwell:
  • doctordev7
    Options
    I live in a joint family of 10 people..my cousins are always having parties n sometimes after a workout I just lose control! N I just keep a small sachet on d dining table for these emergencies!!of course I hav learnt moderation!bfore I discovered MFP, my only inspiration was me n I still lost around 11kgs in 7months..
    Now that I m here, I hav people like u to look forward to so its become easier to control myself..but sometimes...I just let myself slip..thought I might share this rescue trick!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Or you could grow some balls and just eat whatever you want, then train like a boss to offset those calories and maintain your sanity.
  • doctordev7
    Options
    My man! Of course I do that 6 days a week n for 1.5 hours! Dats y I hav gotten really slim n awesome! Will b uploading a pic f myself after a few hours n see for urself!!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I ain't messing up food, I like it to much! Just PLAN and allow Myself a bit of whatever and FREEZE the rest...I am also NOT afraid of DUMPING food out anymore. But to "disfigure" it, No Way! LOL!!!
  • doctordev7
    Options
    I guess its different strokes for different folks! Used to b obese n had absolutely zero control over mah gut...i lost 11 KILOS BY WORKING OUT LIKE CRAZY N d coffee trick was d only way dat i kept off from junk...i know it sounds crz,but hey, if it keeps me off dat bull****,den so b it
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    such venom..glad you found something that works for you. We all need tools in our toolbag to help us get to the end our our journey! And yes I'll continue to use the cliche phase of "journey."
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I thought this said "Simple way to beat hunger GAMES". I was disappointed once I read about the coffee trick :(

Congrats on the weight loss, but don't view food as your enemy. It is your life source. It's okay to have a treat every once and a while.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i totally and completely understand this because when you're starting out its REALLY hard passing up all the goodies. something i used to do if i ABSOLUTELY had to indulge, i'd get it, cut it in half and throw the other half away. leaving me no choice but to control my portions. now that i'm a little stronger i just figure out how to work in what i want for the day within my calories and make sure to stay active, seems like a saner approach lol
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    wat is this thread about hunger or avoiding trigger foods when you arent hungry? that's not the same thing.

for the former the solution is to eat more calorie dense foods
    for the latter the solution is to not buy the trigger foods unless you're willing to eat them. i dont understand why someone would buy something and try to keep themselves from eating it? that's completely illogical
  • doctordev7
    Options
    @mesha: honey, on weekends, my house becomes a party club!and i am greeted to d smell f lots f deep fried,greasy n cheesy food! So, to avoid messing up d workout progress, i stay away from dat,but u know wen it becomes impossible to stop, i hav to do this!
    HERE'S AN EXAMPLE: DO U KNOW DAT TO COMPLETELY BURN OFF 2 CADBURY OREOS, WE HAV TO RUN FOR 17 DAMN MINUTES! DATS ENOUGH TO WASTE AWAY HALF OF MY CALORIES BURNT IN CARDIO! DATS D BANE F JUNK FOOD!

being an ex-obese person(now i hav shed most f it,check out ma pic,Yay!)it is still pretty hard to control my cravings, so as IFITNESSVAL AND DROSOPHILA said: watever works! S long s i eat healthy, i m gud!

@stopdropandlo: sorry to disappoint u pretty lady! Nd yes, i do cheat ocassionaly now i hav permanently switched over to green veggies fruits nuts n there goodies!
    but this WAS D WAY DAT I INITIALLY STOPPED MY CRAVINGS!
    So, lets just hope it helps some1 who has a weak spot for sweets n fried food!