Opinions Needed Please!!

Options
I have been changing my lifestyle consistently over the past 3 weeks. I last took my measurements on July 9th. I just took them again and no change?! Also the scale isn't really doing anything but going up and down. I exercise 4-6 days a week and try and eat the best I can as well as portion control. My clothes seem to fit better, but why aren't I seeing a change in either inches or pounds??

I know I need to stay on track but it gets really frustrating when I'm doing all this work and not see any numbers go down...

Any opinions or advice is greatly appreciated!

Edited to add: the 15lb loss has been since January, then I fell off the wagon until 3 weeks ago

Replies

• ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Cobylea, be patient. I know my body runs about two weeks behind on results. Just when you are ready to give up, numbers will change! Do you measure your body fat? I rely heavily on that since your body composition changes long before you can see it on the scale. Try mixing up your workouts too, as your body may be accomodating the current load. Hang in there!
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    another thing to be aware of is your scale. I went out and bought a digital, and can actually see results. I may only lose 1/2 pound or a couple of oz at a time. Versus the old dial, which told me nothing, unless it was a big loss. So now, I can see that after a year I lost 20#, and yes, LOL my electronic shows me summer cheating has caught up with me and returned 5#!

good luck and don't stop logging MFP! if you stumble start up again!
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    How do you measure body fat? I have a digital scale and replaced the batteries several times because I thought it was broken but nope....just no change lol