Any Zumba Success Out There?

Options
Hi ya'll I'm still fairly new to MFP and Zumba is my go to form of cardio. Any of ya'll had great success doing Zumba?

Replies

• Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I go every Sunday and it's a great workout!!!!!!!
  • 1slimlinda
    1slimlinda Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yeppers, Zumba will burn off 450-700 plus calories! Love it Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, Yeah!
  • mairemacha
    Options
    Hey, I'm a zumba instructor myself and have seen many instructors and participants alike drop weight and become fit through zumba. I've had two friends drop more than 20kg (down to around 60kg) from class :) It's inspired me to go on my own health journey. Provided that your instructor includes some high intensity tracks along with the fun stuff like salsa, it will be a great workout! Enjoy the ride!
    :)
  • ludeo
    ludeo Posts: 75
    Options
    when i first started MFP i did zumba on the wii and i lost my first few kilos. i lost motivation and stopped and it hurt my knee so i switched to exercise bike. i still do zumba at least once a week. trying to get back into it again. i do love it when i do it though its a great workout. feel free to add me . :)
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That's all I do right now is Zumba Exhilarate Dvd's. I've started the lose a dress/pant size in 10 days. We'll see. I'm not eating exactly healthy but if it doesn't work then it's my own fault.

I am a Zumba addict =) Welcome!!
  • ninic010386
    ninic010386 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love how many of you love Zumba. It seriously has become a "Must Do" for me daily. Tonight I did 81 minutes. I was so sweaty and high on endorphins it was euphoric. I have lost my 14lbs with just Zumba and a few days of Jillian Michael's 30 DS (although I find her workout so boring I will turn it off half way through and pop in a Zumba DVD) LOL!!!
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    oh hunny, i just had a look at ur diary and u may selling yourself short on ur calories burned for Zumba. Use zumbacalories.com to get a more accurate count of how many cals u burned if u dnt have a heart rate monitor. i usually burn about 440 cals from 60 mins of medium level expert on my xbox 360 Zumba. You should list it under Zumba instead of the dancing u used, I added ZUmba as I do it everyday 2x a day and love it. Zumbacalories.com will give u ur amount and u can just click zumba expert level or whatever and put in ur time and change the cals burned from what i burn to what ur number was. Good luck!
  • LANIECE1
    LANIECE1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh YES I'm A ZUMBA LOVER FOR LIVE. ITS TRULY MY BEST FRIEND! ITS MY ONLY EXERCISE I HIT CLASS ABOUT 4 to 5 times a week. I have the DVDs as well, but I LOVE GOING TO CLASS AND PARTYING WITH MY FRIEND. JUST FINISHED AN AWESOME CLASS AN HOUR AGO, AND GOING BACK FOR TWO CLASSES TOMORROW. IM TRULY A LOVER, I HAVE LOST 15 POUNDS AND A GAIN OF INCHES. SIZE 8 IS STARTING TO FIT NICELY! THANK YOU LORD
  • ninic010386
    ninic010386 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    oh hunny, i just had a look at ur diary and u may selling yourself short on ur calories burned for Zumba. Use zumbacalories.com to get a more accurate count of how many cals u burned if u dnt have a heart rate monitor. i usually burn about 440 cals from 60 mins of medium level expert on my xbox 360 Zumba. You should list it under Zumba instead of the dancing u used, I added ZUmba as I do it everyday 2x a day and love it. Zumbacalories.com will give u ur amount and u can just click zumba expert level or whatever and put in ur time and change the cals burned from what i burn to what ur number was. Good luck!

Thanks for the Advice!!! I will go check it out right now :0) I'm no expert but I'm definately pushing myself to the fullest. Perhaps expert in training! How do you like Zumba on your XBOX? I have it for the Wii but have not played it yet.
  • repponse
    repponse Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm a zumba addict. I've been doing two workouts everyday on my Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii. (One is a custom workout I picked the songs and put them in order. It burns 500 cal in about 30 minutes. It is super high intensity, but nothing that it not possible. The second I choose one of the high intensity workouts already on the game. They all burn about 300.) It burns a grand total of about 800 in about an hour. The time flies by and you are drenched when its over. But just as it gets hard, the endorphins usually kick in and give me the extra boost. My best friends actually joining me tonight. I have lost four pounds in three days by zumba-ing an hour a day and watching what I eat. I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I'm a zumba addict. I've been doing two workouts everyday on my Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii. (One is a custom workout I picked the songs and put them in order. It burns 500 cal in about 30 minutes. It is super high intensity, but nothing that it not possible. The second I choose one of the high intensity workouts already on the game. They all burn about 300.) It burns a grand total of about 800 in about an hour. The time flies by and you are drenched when its over. But just as it gets hard, the endorphins usually kick in and give me the extra boost. My best friends actually joining me tonight. I have lost four pounds in three days by zumba-ing an hour a day and watching what I eat. I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!

this is me too...pre work post work
  • melissa_fitdiary40
    melissa_fitdiary40 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I do the Zumba Wii 2 every night and I enjoy it. I usually do the mid-lenghth class, which last about forty minutes. I am trying to move up to the full-length class.

ZUMBA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    After ages and ages of curiosity I went to my very first Zumba class ever last night!

What a blast! So much fun. I will definately be going back for more!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I don't think she is selling herself short at all... She's been logging 40 minutes at 409 calories, which seems reasonable - it may even be a little high according to your example.

I have been going to Zumba classes at least 3x a week (sometimes 5 and 6 times) since October. When I was over 200lbs, I used to easily burn 600 calories in a 60 minute class (I have a BodyMedia Armband, so I would record the workout so I would know exactly how much to log). As I got down in the 150's, I only burn 440 to 520 in the same class.... same intensity, same instructor, etc. As we lose weight, our body doesn't have to work as hard, which is great, but that means we don't burn as much. I would rather see her "under-estimate" than "over-extimate", eat back her calories, and then wonder why she's not losing.

Good luck and keep Zumbaing!
  • napellum
    napellum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba/toning 3 days a week and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred the other 3 days. I love ZUMBA!
  • Taryn1627
    Taryn1627 Posts: 120
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!! <3
  • jeanett5
    Options
    Zumba <3:))
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I don't think she is selling herself short at all... She's been logging 40 minutes at 409 calories, which seems reasonable - it may even be a little high according to your example.

I have been going to Zumba classes at least 3x a week (sometimes 5 and 6 times) since October. When I was over 200lbs, I used to easily burn 600 calories in a 60 minute class (I have a BodyMedia Armband, so I would record the workout so I would know exactly how much to log). As I got down in the 150's, I only burn 440 to 520 in the same class.... same intensity, same instructor, etc. As we lose weight, our body doesn't have to work as hard, which is great, but that means we don't burn as much. I would rather see her "under-estimate" than "over-extimate", eat back her calories, and then wonder why she's not losing.

Good luck and keep Zumbaing!

I know that everyone burns different due to their body, metabolism, heart rate, weight, etc. Depending on how much she weighs she could be burning more and I would hate for her to be selling herself short. It was merely some advice given in kindess. No foul. My example goes by my weight. I burn 660 cals for 40 mins but that is MY rate. I would rather just tell her about the site and let her figure it out for herself as I was not telling her to change anything, but merely gave an example of where she could get a more accurate reading since listing Zumba under the aerobics, ballroom in the mfp database is WAY off base for some. It under estimated me the first time I used it by about 200cals to be honest. Just my opinion.

edit** AHHHHHHHH I see what I did in my first post. I mean to say I usually burn about 660 in 40 mins...not 440 in 60 mins hahahahhahaha i blame the heat :laugh: :laugh:
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

Thank you for this- I had no idea this website existed! DEF been selling myself short!
  • dianamarin
    Options
    Zumba is the best, I personally started zumba when my baby was two months I lost 10 lbs in 6 weeks but I made the mistake of stopping, all because of time. I felt bad that I had to leave my kids just to work out and now I regret it I've gained 6 of those 10 lbs and I really want to lose it agian. So don't give up it does work and because I know it does I'm going back next week so in about 6 weeks I'll be losing some lbs!!! lol. Good luck.!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!