New user

Options
Hi,

I have been utilizing MFP for about 10 days now and I like it so far. I am so happy that I stumbled upon this app and this website! Man, I had no idea that there was so much support. I am 43 man, married with kids, who works shift work at a paper mill. I was gaining weight quite fast, especially since I was drinking alot of Mountain Dew. I started drinking coffee about 6 months ago and have lowered my soda intake in responce. I was almost 200 pounds and now around 188. I have also broke out my WII Fit board and try to use it daily, especially for the scale. I hope to be able to meet others on here as well.

-Nick

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you're looking for support (but not advice since I'm still trying to figure it all out ;) )
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if u want!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is a great tool! Good Luck on your Journey.
  • gripnick
    Options
    Thanks! I know that I was quite sore from all the walking that I have been doing. The area I work in is quite large, and I try to walk to do my job instead of taking the truck. I ended up buying some steel toes sneakers and have been wearing them while walking. I would really like to do some strength training also.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You made a great choice with this site, i'm new and love it so much.so much support. good luck and you can add me.
  • everyroadleadswhere
    Options
    Hello I am Jehova Sue! I am excited to start eating better. I know it says I have a goal to loose weight but my actual goal is to eat more and get proper nutrition. If anyone has tips on getting more protein and vitamins and minerals into my diet pleaseeeee help me!