V8 fusion drink

Options
Hey, does anyone know the sugar in V8 Fusion is it bad or good? I just had halve of one and it was good, but notice the high sugar in it!!

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    They don't add sugar to it if that is what you are asking.
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You'll do better to drink water and eat fruits and vegetables. You'll be more satisfied for your calories. Its sugar is high but its naturally from the fruit.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    They don't add HFCS or table sugar to it, the sugar content you see on the label comes from the fruit. So, I'd say it's a much better choice than say, a soda because you're at least getting fruits and veggies in. There's benefits to it that other drinks containing sugar don't have.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's either "bad" or "good" - it's just sugar. If you aren't getting much from other areas in your diet then it's probably not going to cause a big issue.
    The real question is - are those calories (and sugar) worth it? You could eat a WHOLE lot more fresh fruit and veg and get fibre and a bunch of other nutrition that you are missing out on when you drink juice. But, if you like it and it fits into your macros - go for it - just don't kid yourself that you are making the healthiest choice.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thax everyone for your advice:)
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    You'll do better to drink water and eat fruits and vegetables. You'll be more satisfied for your calories. Its sugar is high but its naturally from the fruit.

Live a little. Water is too boring. I drink the V8 Juice, and I think it is good. I have about 3 glasses a day. I also have Old Orchard Healthy Balance pomegranate. 27 cals and only 6g sugar per glass.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I would say regular low-sodium v8 is ok. Fusion is bad in my opinion due to the sugar, even though it is natural. I avoid fruit juices.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    For people like me that don't like many vegetables, V8 Fusion is great! I buy the 100% juice variety that has a full serving of fruits and vegetables per serving.

Sugar is not added. It exists because of the type of fruit juices that predominate the drink

I buy V8 Fusion in bulk!