where to find plus size fitness apparel

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to find plus size women's activewear? I've been working out 6 days a week and find the need for more workout clothes. I'm just a little too curvy for the x-large right now, although hope to report differently in a month or too. I find that it's hard to find gear in even an x-large, much less a 2x, and when you do find an x-large it's "slim cut"...ie not helpful. Ironic that few companies seem to carry larger sizes and those who wear larger sizes are the ones who need to workout the most!
I've found zella at Nordstrom, but they only have yoga pants and no tops right now. Nike apparently makes a 2x, but no stores ever carry them and it's hard to find them online. We have two nike outlets here and I couldn't even find an x-large and sometimes they only had smalls and mediums. Don't really care what brand it is and any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Although I despise Walmart, they have a bangin' plus size athletic section that is reasonably priced.
  • Xniecex
    Xniecex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Walmart or target.... my go-to stores :)
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Check out Woman Within, Roamans, Brylane, Lane Bryant, even King Size Direct. They all have workout clothes in a variety of sizes....1X up to 7 or 8X...petite, tall and big. I tend to buy mens sweats and workout pants because the length is better for me at 6'. The Tees and stuff are made longer as well

Good Luck
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has great activewear (be sure to check out the clearance items!)
  • Tlove1972
    Tlove1972 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Old Navy activewear is great, they go up to 2x. Fashionbug has some.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    walmart has danskin now - which is AWESOME -- and also old navy. they were my go-to's when I was larger, and are still my go-to's since I'm not at my goal weight :)
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    T.J. Maxx and Walmart are some of the cheapest places I have bought plus sized clothes from.
  • nashvillern
    nashvillern Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great ideas! It's tax-free weekend here starting tomorrow and now I have some places to check out!
    Thanks again!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is another great place to look. I know they carry XL in the store and I think they even have XXL.
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Lucky you don't live over here in NZ...I can't find ANYTHING!!
  • daddiesgirl1
    daddiesgirl1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Layne Bryant, Catherines, have fitness apparel in sizes all the way to 5X.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Old Navy! Best yoga pants omg.
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has a decent selection.
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    justmysize.com has some great stuff!!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Kalliejc
    Kalliejc Posts: 36
    Options
    Old Navy activewear is great, they go up to 2x. Fashionbug has some.

Old Navy activewear is awesome. It's inexpensive.......and it last so much longer than Walmart or anything like that. They have XL and XXL sizes.......and they're normally on sale......

as a matter of fact, my 10 lb reward is a new pair of work out pants from old navy. :)
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Marshalls and Burlington Coat Factory.

It seems that they don't think plus size people wanna workout...
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    Walmart is where I love to go...
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've gotten stuff from Lane Bryant and Torrid.