MacBook Pro Questions - Photos/Emails

Options
Julz2586
Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
Ok... so i got a new macbook on the weekend... i was able to upload photos from my camera to my laptop, that was great.

Instead of viewing the photos in iphoto is there another way? If so... how?
AND because Mac doesn't have "paint" is there something else that is used? do i have to download it from the app store??

Also.... I thought maybe i would email the photos and send it to my mums computer and just do it that way BUT i have some how messed up the email settings in iphotos... How do i delete email accounts from the computer?

Replies

• Julz2586
    Options
    bump... i'm bored too!
  • brittawaterr
    brittawaterr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can view all of your photos/documents/everything in your "Finder". It's the little icon on your dock that looks like a blue smiling face (one side darker, one side lighter).
    As for paint, as far as i know, you have to get it from the app store. I might be wrong, though!
    Email accounts: to delete/add, open your mail, then at the top of your screen click "Mail" then "Preferences"!

I hope that helped! :)
  • Julz2586
    Options
    as soon as i get home i will test this out!

but im pretty sure your a lifesaver
  • christopherpm
    christopherpm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a good paint program, then look at http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/ - it's free. If you've upgraded to Mountain Lion, then you will also need to install XQuartz - http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.7.2.dmg
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I use Photoshop Elements 10 to edit my photos, and also to store and view photos... but it is software you have to buy and install, but as photography is my serious hobby it is worth it for me.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    When you open pictures in the preview (usually does that automatically when you double click a file name), there are a couple ways to edit it, i.e. crop them or add text. It's not really anything like paint but it's enough for me.